Running costs of Lupo's

James827

My 1.4 75hp is getting an actual average 45mpg since I bought it. That was with 2 tyres leaking at the rim, only fixed on Tuesday, and randomly binding bakes, not fixed yet, and a pretty full boot. As mine is an SE I'm also dragging the weight of electric windows, electric sunroof and rear popouts around. Also I have a recon gearbox and 70 is about 3400rpm in 5th. 4th and 5th are pretty close with only a few hundred revs difference at 60.

At current prices I'm getting 300miles to £40 roughly and tax is £160 a year.

Sounds like marcus was getting slightly better than mine is, but still only around 41.8mpg assuming he used 25L.

im sure i used to get more than 25l in, work out about 34-35 to the gallon, not too bad as it was never driven economically. even when i did drive it economically it didnt seem to make such difference!

At current prices I'm getting 300miles to £40 roughly and tax is £160 a year.

I've a 1.4 sport, i use it for mainly local journeys, not usually more than 30 miles a day. Tax is 160 a year, i get roughly 200 miles to a tank, and that costs me around £35 (I don't use the expansion tank as well, usually finish filling on the second click)

If you're doing long trips then a diesel is definately the way to go. Lupo sport is probably the least efficient lupo there is, however if you get your box rebuilt with longer final gears, or mate it to the 1.4 75bhp box then you're going to get better figures.

Diesels are great if your doing a lot of miles.

Ive got a grande punto 1.9 and it ticks all the boxes for me. Slightly tinkered with touching 177bhp and 330 ft lbs. 400 miles to a tank driving flat out constantly and approx 600 when doing long distance motorway journeys.

Tax is around £160, insurance costs me £800.

But i want back in a petrol car lol but the miles i do i think i would be daft do to that. Have put 30,000 miles on it in 1 year.

???

When the gearbox on my arosa sport went I pinched one out of a lupo 1.4 75bhp. Definitely improved the fuel consumption a noticeable amount.