Thinking of wrapping my roof

Pippard 1.0

Hi has any one wrapped their roof if so please show a picture

My car is soft blue with black wheels and was wondering gloss black or carbon fibre wrap ???

Here´s mine with carbonfibre vinyl wrap, took about 6 hours to get it there....

e9302011111151b2f0.jpg

I like that a lot :D did you do it yourself ? , what dimensions are lupo roofs ?

I like that a lot :D did you do it yourself ? , what dimensions are lupo roofs ?

Yes, me and a friend did it together!

I bought a sheet that was 2 meters long and 1,5 meters wide and got some leftovers to wrap other stuff in...

Better safe than sorry :)

Edited by Norpan

• 1 month later...

Here is my soft blue with a wrap on it, but its coming off (was on the car when I bought it) sorry not a great pic was took while I was viewing the car last week

wrapn.jpg

Got my car booked in for a re-wrap on Thursday... getting it done an antracite type colour

Got my car booked in for a re-wrap on Thursday... getting it done an antracite type colour

It is going to look so nice. Being nosey how much is your car lowered and what wheels have you got on it as they look amazing ?

Cheers not sure how much its lowered by mate but there is still a bit to go on ta teknics. The wheels are caliber dubs. I got the wrap done today here is a couple of pics

527286_3303682962511_1581093486_2700250_777365284_n.jpg

544957_3302832741256_1581093486_2699951_907649548_n.jpg

Pics don't really do it justice as its an anthracite finish with a metallic flake and hard to pic up with a camera.

Edited by Jaybo

Iv got a gloss black roof on my Gti.

i wouldnt have it done again to be honest. just pay that bit more and get it painted. it scratches dead easily and it cant be polished out like paint...

414044_10151426173185523_661260522_23648354_1437602716_o.jpg30509_10150179410460523_661260522_12648203_7666005_n.jpg

Iv got a gloss black roof on my Gti.

i wouldnt have it done again to be honest. just pay that bit more and get it painted. it scratches dead easily and it cant be polished out like paint...

Does look the nuts though :)

Does look the nuts though :)

Thanks mate :)

will be painted this year hopefully... the whole car could do with a flick over!

Vinyl does look good but if you have a friendly bodyshop there is hardly anything in it price wise.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone wrapped a roof on a black Lupo ?

Want to do it on my 1 Ltr but wonder if it would stand out enough ?

Cheers Guys :)

It would obviously depend on the colour you chose.

its like asking how long is a piece of string mate. All depends on what material and the person doing it. DIY and di-noch expect to pay around 60 quid on materials getting someone to do it for you could be anywhere between 80 - 150. Mine cost 80 but that was mates rates

Edited by Jaybo

• 2 months later...

You'd be better wrapping something small to practice and then deciding if your capable of doing an entire roof

yeh would be a good idea :) i dont know if a matt black roof would look good on a black car though