Standard Front Spring Replacement; Camber issues

Long Story Short;

I have a 2000 1.7SDi and the other day one of the front springs went twang,

So bish bash bosh i took the shocker out removed the old spring put the new one in and replaced it into the car,

After this i noticed that the tracking seemed out when driving, as the steering wheel was no longer level to drive in a straight line,

After this i took a look at the car and noticed an obscene amount of negative camber on the wheel. comparing this to the other wheel which is perfectly level at 90° to the horizontal i took the wheel off and investigated.

and heres where the problem lies, the two bolt holes in the shocker, where the hub mounts to it, are elongated so theres a vast amount of play when the bolts are slack. And obviously the camber of the wheel is directly affected by where the hub is when you tighten the bolts.

Anyway after much fannying about; getting the car level; checking the angle of the side i hadnt touched and making the one i had similar i've got the car looking normal and running straight again. i'm going to take the car in the get tracked and serviced anyway but i just wondered if anyone else had had this problem.

I did this when I first changed springs :P

It's because the to bolts that go onto the hub controll the camber!

To fix it: Take you wheel off and loosen both bolts from the suspension leg to the hub. Then tighten the bottom one back up but not to tight at the moment. Now take the suspension leg and pull it to wards you and the do the top on up once you pulled the leg out. Double check your bolts are tight then I would do the other side just to be sure!

Hope this helps.

Joe