Lupo Problems

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.

Pretty much about a month back I bought a gorgeous little lupo S, T reg and it has been brilliant and drives lovely.

However now some problems are starting to surface; first one is pretty big, I went to open my bonnet to check my oil levels and the handle pretty much broke off in my hand, I take it that was my bonnet release cable snapping. How much do you recon that will cost to sort out. I don't like not being able to get into my bonnet.

The other thing is my central locking is a bit dodgy. Will always open fine with no trouble but when I go to lock it it will sometimes lock it all fine and other times it will only lock the drivers door. Have tried locking from the passengers side and will most of the time completely lock the car but have had trouble there too. I checked my key and it has a slight bend in it. So i have changed to my spare key which is nice and shiny and more importantly straight. Haven't tried it yet but could it be the key you recon? If not how much does it cost to get that fixed too? Just so I know how much I am going to have to fork out on pay day.

Cheers for the help guys apart from those troubles I am loving my Lupo :)

EDIT: just realised this may have been the wrong thread to put this in, if it is sorry and can it be moved to a more appropriate location?

Edited by Wykesie

Firstly, hello female member. :ninja: I'm Rich, in no way can I be described as a deviant.

It won't be the cable snapping, it's likely to be the silly plastic thing behind it, you can grab the cable and pop it with two pairs of pliers or one and some finger pain.

You can replace the plastic bit and from what I remember it's not very expensive. :)

The central locking issue will be the microswitch inside the door handle, they're expensive new and it's touch and go second hand. The bend in the key won't be affecting this.

Good luck with it all.

Hi Rich,

Ah well thats good, I'll give that a go tomorrow and get my bonnet open.

Ah **** i thought it would be expensive. Nevermind I'll get it sorted then its done then, I'll look into how much a new microswitch will set me back.

thanks for the advice though :)

I can Vouch for Rich, lupoboz just quoted me £90 for a new one of mine, if your going to buy second hand speak to him first and get the part number off him so its correct for your model. so tempted to crack mine open and then Jury rig it back together, but that's just asking for problems.

I can Vouch for Rich not being a deviant, lupoboz just quoted me £90 for a new one of mine, if your going to buy second hand speak to him first and get the part number off him so its correct for your model. so tempted to crack mine open and then Jury rig it back together, but that's just asking for problems.

If you don't try you'll never know.