Uprated brake disks and pads

angelo77

Has anyone had any experience of using tarrox discs and pads?

I have 280mm standard disks and pad on mine at the moment; I need to replace all my disks and pads in the next few hundred miles.

The car is used for road use two to three times a week and i am looking to do a few track days this years.

I don’t want anything that will squeal like EBC green stuff etc.

The tarrox set up is approx £310.00 for disks and pads, braided lines £90.00 ish then fluid to suit.

I was just going to use genuine disks and pads for the rear £110.00

With the fluid Im looking at £500.00 plus so any experience with this kind of use would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Angelo

If you've got 280mm brakes i'd be going for a good quality OE disc and pad. Something like Pagid.

280mm brakes are more than enough to stop a Lupo, so i don't really see the need in buying uprated parts for them.

If you insist on non-standard, it'd have to be the Carbon Lorraine pads from Kam.

A better place to start would be braided lines all round, with new pistons/seals in all calipers and some DOT 5.1 fluid to make them work as efficiently as possible.

Have you thought about a Brembo setup off the Ibiza Cupra R?

Hi Cooper,

Refurbed the callipers about six months ago, Also changed the sliders and seals.

Fluid will be changed along with fitting braided lines. Also will be changing the bottle in the engine bay.

All the bit and bots such as bushes etc have been uprated or changed for OE items. The only bits left to do are to finish of my inducion pipework, fit a new manifold and finish of the brakes.

I will probably do 4 track days in the car this year, if it costs an extra £150 over standard parts for items more suited to heavy use then i'll change them,

If the standard parts are up to the job then ill just put the money towards a manifold.

I have not been able to find a brembo set up for decent money and I cant really wait much longer to change.

Cheers pal

I would get some Brembo Max discs. Been faultless on mine. Taxox G88? are known as cheese graters as they eat pads and are pre-tempered which stops them warping but makes them very prone to cracking.

Pads wise I wouldn't get anything but Pagid RS pads(Competition range ones) was totally blown away by how good they are. They never squeeled, but were mega expensive, about £150 a set.

Genuine stuff is also junk for the money. Just get some cheap discs and pads, or Pagid ones from GSF, prob wont notice a difference.

Get hoses from HEL... http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/?gclid=CJeU5pma360CFWQntAodXiPPmw

Fluid wise use DOT5.1 fluid from Halfords and just change it every 6 months, if you boil it upgrade it, you won't boil it on the road if the fluids good! Even though people say you can. lol

Hi pal, de glazed the disks before fitting, squealed like a pig on a honeymoon in the dry! Also found exsesive brake dust.

Thanks for the replies,

Angelo

For hoses you can get them through us cheaper: http://www.kamracing.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-lupo/brakes/braided-brake-lines/kam-racing-fully-stainless-steel-braided-brake-lines-choice-of-colour-vw-lupo-1-6-16v-gti.html

We actually use Hel for our custom lines so it seems they have grabbed the details from the kit we developed to make one to sell to everybody...

The Carbone Lorraine brake pads are very good as mentioned above. If you don't want squeel you'd have to go for the RC5+ compound as this is quieter than their others due to a higher copper content. http://www.kamracing.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-lupo/brakes/brake-pads/vw-lupo-1-6-16v-1-4-tdi-1-4-16v-100hp-cl-brakes-rc5-front-brake-pads.html

They recommend the pads are used with a plain disc so you should go for the standard brembo discs rather than the more expensive max version

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-lupo/brakes/brake-discs/vw-corrado-g60-disc-upgrade-280x22mm-brembo-front-brake-discs.html

I would get some Brembo Max discs. Been faultless on mine. Taxox G88? are known as cheese graters as they eat pads and are pre-tempered which stops them warping but makes them very prone to cracking.

Pads wise I wouldn't get anything but Pagid RS pads(Competition range ones) was totally blown away by how good they are. They never squeeled, but were mega expensive, about £150 a set.

Are these the blue pads or Black?

Genuine stuff is also junk for the money. Just get some cheap discs and pads, or Pagid ones from GSF, prob wont notice a difference.

Get hoses from HEL... http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/?gclid=CJeU5pma360CFWQntAodXiPPmw

Fluid wise use DOT5.1 fluid from Halfords and just change it every 6 months, if you boil it upgrade it, you won't boil it on the road if the fluids good! Even though people say you can. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone used Ferodo DS2500 Pads?

Struggling to find anywhere with Pagid RS pads available.

Have everything i need except the front pads!

Regards

Angelo

• 2 weeks later...