EGR Valve

Hi All

Had this fault code last year on Lupo Sport 16786 ( Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)-Flow Excessive.

Replaced the EGR Valve Light went out for a while but now its come back on with the same fault code.

Any ideas to what else keeps triggering it as the EGR valve has been changed.

The car seems to be running fine no performance issues no fuel ecconomy issues, car idling fine.

Thanks

Daz

Edited by Daz1981dp

Then recalibrate the TB to the EGR valve.

I had reduced flow so i stripped everything intake manifold included and cleaned everything and mine went to excessive then I just re-calibrated the throttle body and everything was all good.

Edited by Brammo

I dont know if this is the right way but when I last did mine I took it off and cleaned that, started the car up and sprayed carb cleaner down the pipe to the inlet mani, this made the engine rev up and whatnot. I stopped as the exhaust manifold started to glow red! It definately made a difference though so will do the same again soon.

If thats the correct way to do it ill do a guide?

• 3 months later...

Got some advice for you all! just putting the throttle down and spraying the carb cleaner in does barely anything! just take off the head and spray it all in directly has a much better effect~! also dont forget to do the inside bit of the piece you remove!