camshaft Position Actuator?

Hey everyone

Just in need of a little help, the engine light is on, on my Gti :(

And I ran it through the computer we have a work and it says it's the

camshaft Position Actuator but now I would like to know where it is and how much for a new one ?

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers :))

Edited by atomica

I think it's one of the sensors on the top. Bad times.

Surely if you order one from TPS or Vag they'll be able to tell you ?

Try LupoBoz on here, he likes boys but that's just a sign that he's good with bits. ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No mods yet! totally standard for now, only had it a couple of weeks! It's a 54 plate with 56k on the clock, It was a trade in at the garage I work at, we replaced the cam position sensor on the passenger side of the cam cover, as it was pretty cheap, but no difference! The car runs perfectly and pulls really well, only thing it does do is kangeroo slightly from take off when started from cold but that doesn't last long!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't got to the bottom of it yet, Iv fitted a new heater element in that breather pipe as mine was pretty oiled up and the contacts were a little oiled up too, made no difference though! I did however try my mates cam solenoid from his polo gti, (same part number to the loops.) the one on the drivers side of the cam cover, took it for a spin down the road and no light! :) I'll need to do a longer test on it though as my one, when fitted again, didn't throw the light back on till further along the road than I went! :( ill keep y'all updated though!

Edited by Beaks

It needs to be plumbed in. It allows for gases in the brankcase to be recirculated. It does rely on the negative intake pressure. The is what draws the gas out of it. It is not an important vacuum such as the brake servo one and cant guarantee itll sort out the light. But it is better to have it plumbed in doing what is is supposed to :)