Handbrake light comes on when cornering hard.....

Anyone else get this, I don't often chuck my car about but over the last few days I've been more irritable than usual and been chucking it about around town and whilst going into pretty tight bends, possibly losing traction(?) the handbrake light will quickly flick on then go off again. Is this normal or a symptom of a possible fault?

Pete

The cable could be lose where it attaches to the handbrake and possibly earthing itself when you enthusiastically chuck the car into corners?

Or you could be keeping your stash there and you've dislodged it ?

Mate, you know me, if I had a stash I would've sold it on by now, need the money! Ok, this sensor/switch/cable thing, will it be visible if I pull up my handbrake or will I have to loosen or remove the whole long plastic surround around the lever?

Anyone else get this, I don't often chuck my car about but over the last few days I've been more irritable than usual and been chucking it about around town and whilst going into pretty tight bends, possibly losing traction(?) the handbrake light will quickly flick on then go off again. Is this normal or a symptom of a possible fault?

Pete

Im 99% sure its nothing to do with any handbrake sensor, if you look at your brake fluid level in the resevoir above the Master Cylinder you will find it is low and needs a top up, this will stop the light flashing on and off, you then need to find where your braking system is leaking from.

Most likely a damaged brake flexi or leaking brake union.

Never even thought about looking at that!! But yes, you are correct, just checked and it is low, no idea where the leak is coming from though, only just had my wheels off to clean my brakes up to stop em squealing. You're good you are, you may stay....

I had similar issue with a leaking rear cylinder on a 1.0 Lupo as its a seal known to go on most cars, but I assume you will have discs on the back as its a gti.

Sadly the lupo is sold now and I have a French tin can known as a 106 Rallye, might be back to VAG at some point though :)