Sally the Arosa, Porsche Rimmage, Awaiting Major Lows

Fountain

I think this looks cool dude

Look forward to seeing it

Thanks Ryan, not long now!!! Sunday!! :P

you running camber shims on the rear mate? or just washers behind the drum? or nothing? haha looks to be a few degrees negative!

Just Washers behind the drum mate, i had to just to bring the wheel abit more under the arch, so it wasnt crazy

Camber stilts FTW haha ;)

Haha yeahh, i know its sky high, needed doin for the 240 mile round trip to york :o!! haha

If your still getting the odd misfire change or ignition leads i had the same problem it only misfired the odd time turns out there was a tiny split in the lead and the spark was eathing out on the engine somewhere haha new leads and the problem was sorted :thumbsup:

Edited by matdogg10

looks sick, been thinking about doing it to mine

Cheers dude, ive been at college this week in York, and had a few people walking around it, looking at it when ive come out and walked past haha crazy..

If your still getting the odd misfire change or ignition leads i had the same problem it only misfired the odd time turns out there was a tiny split in the lead and the spark was eathing out on the engine somewhere haha new leads and the problem was sorted :thumbsup:

Cheers for your advice mate, but i changed the spark plugs and ht leads on saturday, the spark plugs were ruined!! probably the first set that were put in it originally haha

Cheers dude, ive been at college this week in York, and had a few people walking around it, looking at it when ive come out and walked past haha crazy..

haha cool man

put mine on today and drove to the shop and already had a guy speak to me about it looking nice

nice to know people enjoy it as much as we do

haha cool man

put mine on today and drove to the shop and already had a guy speak to me about it looking nice

nice to know people enjoy it as much as we do

Yeah dude, funny when you start explaining about the wheels and the way the tyres are, and they look at you like :huh: ??? haha

Looks great bud! I'm also interested to know what this is for also?

DSCF9946.jpg

I was wondering if itd be possible to like modify it to be a docking station for my sat nav?? or ipod, somthing like that :)

using clay is real simple mate, wash the car thoroughly, play with the clay in your hand until it gets warm and easy to work with, then make the clay flat, kinda like a small pancake and gently rub onto paint using plenty of speed detailer, clay lube or water, dont let the pannels get dry . you don't need to use a lot of pressure at all just run it over the paint. paint should feel lovely and smooth (like glass to the touch). then wash the car again. should be ready for polish now!! just remember to re-fold the clay onto a clean bit often and DONT DROP IT!!!!!!! if you do drop it its scrap. DON'T be tempted to use it if its been on the floor.

I Got some Clay bar at UD hopefully this will be getting clayed soon :) any tips from anyone as ive never done it before?? and.. whats best for filling chipped paintwork?? :)

Claying:

Youtube is a good friend!

The way I'm going about filling my chips is to get touch up paint, over fill the holes with paint, then section off the chips and colour sanding them to bring them back level, and then buff out the colour sand marks :)

Joe

Thanks for the tips guys, i roughly know how to go about it tbh, but was wondering if there was any hidden tricks :) i had a go at a chip stick the other week on some chips, wasnt the best :/ the wax was supposed to be red, looks more orange? haha not good!

Haha, " apply your favourite MEGUIRES polish " sorry made me laugh, looks pretty straight forward tbh

Edited by Fountain

Thanks for the tips guys, i roughly know how to go about it tbh, but was wondering if there was any hidden tricks :) i had a go at a chip stick the other week on some chips, wasnt the best :/ the wax was supposed to be red, looks more orange? haha not good!

Haha, " apply your favourite MEGUIRES polish " sorry made me laugh, looks pretty straight forward tbh

Theres a couple of ways to go about the chips, on detailing world some wear there's a way you add a finner to the paint and it sticks in the chips but I don't know much about that way.

After watching this video, i have ordered the Filler Putty that he uses, after applying, to smooth down theres no need for sand paper, just use "paint leveler" im assuming its some kind of white spirit or somthing similar, anyway. ill let you know how all goes next weekend :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found my camera!! heres a little update, should be more pictures tomorrow, back needs lowering.. I KNOWW!! all about the rake though!!!

Oh and as said above^^ im now on 6.5 fronts and 7.5 rears :( i wussed out big time!!!

DSCF3796.jpg

Yeah i probably could tbh dude, but cba with it haha i dont wanna split and seal them again, im gonna eventually build them down the standard dish all round, :) then eventually sell them, fancy a change

• 1 month later...