Yellow Disease-al! LUPO

Lenses

So i thought Id make a readers ride thread. I put this car up for sale and after numerous amount of timewasters and getting no where other than offers for 1.8t's and rot box's, i thought id keep her!

So here she is, Its my little lupo.

I bought it with all the current modifications but plan on doing more. So far heres whats been done!

Modifications;

TA Technix Coilovers,

Azev A 15x7 et25 wheels,

165/50 Bridgestones,

20mm Eibach Hubcentric Spacers all round,

Chassis Notch,

Satin Black Wing mirrors,

Satin Black Badges,

Lupo GTI Black Plastics,

Lupo GTI headliner (black)

Lupo GTI carpet (black)

Parcel Shelf (black)

Colour Coded Headlights,

Detailed Engine Bay,

It also has the electric sunroof and the sought after rear pop out windows.

After buying the car i bought it home i had to find myself a replacement coilover for the fron driver side as the seals were gone and was knoacking its tits off. So that was done and £80 later i had a pair of ta technix to replace the fukced ta technix smile.gif. So whilst fitting that i removed the helper springs and wound her down to catseye touching lows!

I have also fitted a set of alpine type r components to the front and fitted a 10" pioneer sub, which i picked up for a bargain price. So because i had all that waiting to go in i decided to make a false floor and cut my sub into it. It looks pretty cool but its all about to change again.

Now, Sat in my bedroom on the floor i have a 3gallon firestone tank that i have had given to me by my good friend borris. And what with my friend Jack going to pick up his RX8 from Havair this week i think it would be pretty rude not to go and buy a compressor, water trap, a 4cylinder manifold valve, and a twin needle guage. So as you can imagine the car will be going on air for next years show season. Obviously my plan is DIY and im planning on a hardline instal for the rear which should look pretty sweet.

Also Yesterday i manage to bag myself a momo team 280 for the bargain price of £50, Obviously giving the lad my standard wheel. So that was fitted

392889_10150399968589777_517549776_8383617_1865235176_n-1.jpg.

Here is the new Steering wheel fitted.

IMG00363-20111217-1419.jpg

As i had this lot sitting in my bedroom,

IMG00368-20111221-2242.jpg

Me and my little bro set about ripping out the old sub and amp wiring and re ran some for the air,

IMG00374-20111224-1434.jpg

IMG00375-20111224-1441.jpg

After a few hours we had most of it done, We ran a power cable from the battery to the relay that will power the compressor and a seperate cable for the guage, switches that will control the valves, and the pressure switch that will control the relay which turns the compressor on and off..

After a few hours it looked like this.

IMG00376-20111224-1556.jpg

IMG00377-20111224-1556.jpg

IMG00378-20111224-1556.jpg

With that all sorted i decided to bend a few pipes, my little brother decided he wanted to help aswell so we messed around and sorted the lines for the valves that will be on show.

IMG00379-20111224-1732.jpg

IMG00380-20111224-1819.jpg

And that is all for now.

Next thing on my list is to get some 4mm and 8mm tube for the rest of the air and plumb that alll up. Then i will do the boot build to tidy it all up out there. I want my compressor and tnak on show as i have bought the chrome compressor. So i will think that one through.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not completed yet mate. Id recommend using havair they did an amazing job on my mates RX8 and Kyles mk4. Im doing the install myself im using the best type of valve and elctronic switches as the option1 uses paddle valves and is really simple and basic, and i am trying to save money for the interior. I will be adding a remote to the management so i can stand outside and raise and drop the car.

hmmm think im going to have to speak with them and see what they can come up with im also trying to save money for the interior which is why i am looking at option 1

Dont be afraid to have a go yourself dude, If you can wire a sub and amp you can run wires for air too. Nothing is as hard as it looks. If you need a hand ill sort you out with some wiring instructions if you want to DIY and get more for your money.

I will be going to havair to pick up my front struts, So if youre about too im sure we can strike a deal with them to try and save ourselves some money. Plus i heard from a friend that his friend is a good friend with the owner.

that sounds a bit of a plan though i cant wire anything i dont have a clue aha paintwork and bodywork im clued up on and am a mean machine polisher but wiring anything up isnt my forte, though im going to speak to my boss (as i work in a bodyshop) and see if he will sponsor me for next years shows and maybe let my car be built at work for pennys

that sounds a bit of a plan though i cant wire anything i dont have a clue aha paintwork and bodywork im clued up on and am a mean machine polisher but wiring anything up isnt my forte, though im going to speak to my boss (as i work in a bodyshop) and see if he will sponsor me for next years shows and maybe let my car be built at work for pennys

Honestly bud, my 11 year old brother wired half of it haha. Its really simple. I attempt to do everythig myself.

ugh, dirty derv! very tidy mate, love the alloys! Props to the effort on the air build, shame to see the audio ripped out, will it be going back in?

Yeah Audio will go in eventually but im concentrating on all the important stuff first. Ideally i would like to get a OEM CD/RADIO as its what i had in my bora and likes the look of it. And sounds ok to so i may end up going down that route.

Mate u only live out the road from me I think, the Rock yeah? Beautiful wee car, recognised it straight away with the matching Azevs, I've a wee jazz blue loop thats gonna get a severe rogering with the modifying stick next year lol maybe get a wee shoot done with the 2 cars?

Ah no worries mate, didnt realise the car wasnt over here anymore, ive this thread set up as one to watch, love what your doing with it so far, pm me how much that air ride set up would cost, either that or a sleeper GTI conversion might be on the cards.

With what parts i am using and the doing it myself i will have the install complete for around £1500. If i were to get Havair to install it and use all the parts i would want to use I would be looking at round about £2500-3000.

im using a manifold valve as opposed to individual valves, and a upgraded compressor to what would come as standard, installing hardlines and remote controls so i can operate the air from outside the car aswell so its all these things that add to the cost

Im thinking about retrimming the standard seats minus the headrests.

Air Install took a little set back today, as i had to use the tank relay oressure switch and a few other parts on a mates car.

Full coilovers > Air treatment in a day on my mates corsa C haha, Hit a few problems but got there in the end, Updates to mine will come very shortly. New parts being ordered soon :)

DSCF0659.jpg heres my tank also got gauges and gone for the manual paddle valves as didnt want to confuse myself as i aint done out before but with the electric valves that is for faster up and down right ?

cheers lee

honestly mate, its so simple. You just wire to the soleniod, the solenoids are in pairs for up and down, each solenoid has 2 terminals one positive and one ground, take the positive to a switch along with a permanent life you car pick up off almost anything. I like the paddle valves but i thought that going for switches means it will be alot easier to hide them as opposed to trying to hide the paddles.