Weight loss from stripping GTI

Cooper_GTI

What sort of weight can be lost from rally slagging a GTI and what does this equate to in terms of kerb weight?

I'm talking fairly hardcore. I.e. back seats, door cards, rear wiper setup, boot carpet, poly carb windows, airbags etc etc.

Not as hardcore as getting rid of anything behind the dash though, such as blowers/heater matrix. Lol

magnesium wheels are a stupid idea. hit one pothole or bump and a bend is unfixable. plus they are like chocolate compared to forged aluminum.

i run rega's - Desmond Regamasters - 3.9kg per corner, forged ally, one of the lightest wheels ever made. Without them, i doubt i'd have beaten my best mates VRS up the quarter by hundredths of a second lol. there basically what rota slipstreams are, but the original version that scrota copied. so rare im mega lucky to have a set

Out 1L is sub 700kg! Still will be with a 1.4 port lummp in her too! They are really light if you get the grinder out!

Carbon Dash tho. All done on a serious small budget too. Mag wheels are soooo stupid on a rally car. I used to work for a race team and we never even used mag wheels on race motorbikes ona track as they were sooo fragile!

Edited by Bikerz