Next on the list for SiD (SDi) is an annoying ticking indicator relay

Unkle G'sif

This only started yesterday, and at first it appeared to be related to the indicator stalk, now I dont think so, as wiggling it doesnt seem to stop it anymore.

Basically, there is a fairly fast ticking coming from the dash behind the hazard switch, which I can only assume is the relay, as the fast ticking reverts to the regular indicator tick when either indicating left or right.

Is this a common fault? and if so, does that dash panel come out to replace the relay? and if so, how does it come out?

Cheers

G

nope.

indicators off, hazards off, and the relay is ticking away like crazy behind the hazard switch.... no dash bulbs are flashing, and the indicators dont flash either when this is happening

flick the stalk up or down, or press the hazard switch, and everything operates as normal

if it was a blown bulb, then it would be obvious, but this is occuring at all times

G

I find the best way is if you remove the cup holder part under the stereos, you can push out your cubby hole and then your stereo from behind :)

I find the best way is if you remove the cup holder part under the stereos, you can push out your cubby hole and then your stereo from behind :)

Not yet... have been putting up with it for now, as its the wipers that have taken priority to address issues with

Did your relay tick quickly (like it was on, but with a blown bulb) even when you werent indicating?

Mine seems to be affected by wiggling the stalk, so was leaning towards this being the culprit, but this may just be coincidental.

Cheers

G

Yes when I was driving it was just clicking away to itself when no indicators were on , if I pressed gently down on the stalk the click would stop , also what I done was talk te hazard switch out ( radio out gives acess and then two small metal clips u press in and it slides out) then take the grey par f the switch off and all the contacts or the circuit are in there I put electrical grease over these and put it back together , and had no problem since I think the proper fix would be a new hazard switch but this worked for me

Good luck

Hi mate yes both the clicking wasn't constant with mine it was on and off very fast then slow I checked the earths at the rear lights and engine bay , that had it ticking more stead then once I cleaned the contacts ( the plug ones and inside switch ) it cured it , however since then my switch died so I'm indicatorless so I orderd a new stich from the stealers I get a staff discount so it was 16 quid all in get it on Friday :/ cheers

Scott

• 4 weeks later...