Linda Lupo

JampotJamie

Hi everyone :) been on here since July, but only just got round to making one of these :thumbup:

So her name is Linda. shes a T-reg('99) 1.0L in Soft Blue

I bought the car for £900, so a good price tbh :) only downfall was there isnt any power steering (doesnt bother me too much though)

Couple of mods already :)

• lowered on 40mm springs (bought it that way)
  • debaged 'Lupo' on the back
  • few stickers
  • rear badge 'was' sticker bombed, but that went wrong, so its now sprayed black, but its rubbish lol :P
  • crappy aftermarket Headunit from my mums old rover. Haha
  • Oh, did have steelies on it (as seen in pics below) but now on 13" lupo alloys

To do list:

• Its my birthday next Sunday, so with the birthday money im getting Coilovers :shades:
  • colour code front & rear lower bumpers (Not doing this now)
  • remove a couple of the crappy stickers (got a PVW & CL sticker to replace)
  • hopefully get a set of BBS RZ's at some point. (Got another set, read on to see what)
  • Exhaust. probably just DIY the standard :thumbsup:
  • I.C.E... Door speakers, Headunit, Sub.(bought sub but then sold it again)

thats all i can think of at the min but thats what im planning on over the next few months.

Few Pics: (sorry their huge) and that the car is dirty :P))

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

These pics are a couple of months old, i will get some more recent one soon!!!

thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Cheers, Jamie.

Edited by JampotJamie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

de-tango the front indicators, a nice cheap mod that looks good.

Yess i was meant to put that on, new i forgot something... im sure there will be quite a few things that i'll come up with on the way as everyone probably does :P

Cheers pal

i like how it looks in the photos. Kinda Rustic and full of charm. it just looks really right, all the colours go and match really well and the ride height is just as it should have been

i like how it looks in the photos. Kinda Rustic and full of charm. it just looks really right, all the colours go and match really well and the ride height is just as it should have been

Yea mate I agree with you there. I think all lupos should of been that height standard :P this reminds me, I must get some pictures if my sub. It 'will' be tomorrow :D

Thanks pal

Edited by JampotJamie

Right, Bit of an update!! for anyone actually reading my build thread :(

Today is the day... Get my coilover 'and' cambridge lights!! Exititng stuff :yes:

I will get pictures of ALL of these later on today, including the sub :P

So basically, I got the lights :) thanks LittleRich, but couldn't get the coilovers so that's next weekend :P

And I couldn't get any pictures today because I went out last night, got absolutely wasted, and been in bed all day feeling sorry for myself :)

Pics TOMORROW! lol

• 4 weeks later...

Sooo i officially suck at keeping my word... BUT... more recent pics will be up tomorow i PROMISE!!! :P

couple of 'up coming' updates:

• Pics with coilovers & 13" softlines on and Cambridge Lights
  • Removal of gash "i <3 my lupo" sticker, and lupo outline sticker tomorow.
  • White PVW sticker & CL stickers to replace (nice and subtle :) )
  • Pics of subwoofer (not going to be everyones cup of tea, but i like it so i guess thats all that matters)
  • Going to look at some wheels tomorow (Alfa Romeo 15something) If there good then should be buying! :D
  • Also just ordered Chrome indicator bulbs for front and rear to de-tango.

So thats about it for now, untill tomorow :)

yea i know, they are 4x98, centre bore: 58 and et: 30ish.

i posted in the styling section about them, and someone said (cant remeber who off hand) that with wobble bolts and spiggot rings they should be okay...

But they wont be going straight on as ive gotta get smaller tyres, and maybe get them refurbed, before the show season. so giving myself plenty of time to figure everything out :)

do you know if there are any 4x100 - 4x98 adapters around?

Edited by JampotJamie

Hmm, well if I do buy the wheels tomorrow I'll have a think about getting these :) but I'm gunna do some searching around for adapters, but I dunno if its worth it... Ohhh I dunno :P

Just read through the description on these, and it says that they are for cars to got 4x100 wheels to a 4x98 hub. But obviously I want it the other way round. Will someone have a look at the link and tell me whether they will work for ne or not?

Cheers :)

UPDATE:

• Bought my new wheels today! :D 15" Alfa Romeo 155 wheels.

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

Sorry for bad quality pics, their from my phone, and i didnt have enough battery to have flash, so the light is from a torch :P

Their currently running 195/55's sooooo, in time i shall be replacing them for lower profile's :) maybe a tyre a month because im not on that much money as im at college still :P

i think next month im going to send them to be refurbed and maybe powdercoated/painted.. im not sure what colour though, maybe just a silver/anthracite.. not sure yet. any idea's to go with a Soft Blue loop?

Jamie.