Linda Lupo

JampotJamie

So not an actual update, but my dad was clearing out the shed today, and come across some cleaning products that my sister bought for her car when she first got it 3 years ago :P

• Simoniz Shampoo Tabs
  • Turtle Wax Upholstery & Carpet Cleaner
  • Simoniz Back to Black
  • Turtle Wax Nano-Tech Speed Wax

Also a picture of the Meguiars Microfibre Wash Mit i bought a few weeks back... im really impressed with it, it holds so much water/soap and cleans really well. Good investment :)

IMAG0795.jpgIMAG0794.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for late reply, yea i had a look at Sloane's car and it does look really good. im really liking the colour clash look at the minute. what wouldnt normally go, sort of does now :P lol

This is why sloanes' car works so well:

color-wheel-300.gif

Opposite colours clash, colour next to each other complement. Interesting actually that soft blue clashes greater than other blues :)

(Never thought id ever use any of my A-level or GCSE art, never mind on club lupo!)

Ahh cool. Did art in like year 9 but it was more of a doss lesson :P didn't realise that.

Also do you know if changing the rear shock absorber is an easy job? And will I just need axle stands to do it?

Can be done on jacks, it's pretty easy, just take off the trims in the boots as it makes it 10x easier :)

ahh cool. i bought some a few weeks ago but havent got round to fitting them yet. might give it a go this week or next. having a cleaning session tomorrow :)

• 1 month later...

Get some shots of the whole car up! :yes:

yea i think once ive got the stance sorted, and cleaned etc. im gunna use my dads DSLR and take some piccies :)

• 2 months later...

what's happening with this? in need of an update :tongueout:

Yes your right it has been a while :P nothing really happened, but I'll get some pics on Sunday from the all dubs meet :) and will explain all...

• 3 weeks later...

again i suck at keeping to my word with pictures etc. but i have recently purchased a set of wheels, OZ Saturn's in gloss black, but the paint is chipped a bit (but they shall be going in for refurb at some point)

here's what they look like: (but black obviously) the pic isnt of mine, just one i got off google.

33882110017_large1.jpg

they are 15x7, and ive got some Nankang NS2's on order 165/50.

ive also changed the tyres on my softlines to 165/55 so its sitting a lot lower now (had to raise the fronts a little bit the day after this pic as it smashed on everything when going to work, but only like 2 turns or something :P )

also i never updated that i bought wind deflectors from UD, and remoed the bump strips on the door :)

lupopaint.jpg

and heres on just of my parking next to a standard lupo in Asda car park :P

highvslow.jpg

i will get some pics up of the new wheels soon, and will keep this updated when the tyres arrive, when they are fitted etc.

Jamie.

I think it's a real shame you never fitted the Alfa wheels, as they really were something different and looked good too!

I'm sure the Oz will turn out nice, but they look so...... well....... ordinary?

I think it's a real shame you never fitted the Alfa wheels, as they really were something different and looked good too!

I'm sure the Oz will turn out nice, but they look so...... well....... ordinary?

I know exactly what your saying. The Alfa wheels needed massive spacers and I cba to spend more money on them at the time. These only cost 60 + New tyres. And I bought them for the sole reason of being bigger, meaning a little more clearance. They're a substitute 'every day' wheel.

Fair enough Jamie, yeah decent large spacers are close to three figures so I see where you're coming from. Anyway, look forward to seeing you get creative on the Oz rims ;)

Edited by Joti

****... yes Joe im low, too low. going to a friends house tonight i hit a lip in the road, and sent the airbags off :(

gotta get new ones tomorrow, and do you know if ive got to replace the whole top part of the dash because the passenger side has popped up?

and in answer to your question... fronts are just wound down, and the backs i have removed the cups & adjusters and used jubalie clips to hold the spring down. it has worked perfect and keeps the springs in place when jacked up, and relocate when put back down :)

More pictures of smaller tyres on soft lines! Ahah like close ups and how they look lol

I'll get a load of pics of everything after work today. I've got a new dash a wheel airbag, picking up an ecu and front.belts tonight

Why do you need front belts? do lupos have pre tensioners?

im sure they do, mine went slack anyway. changing them is just peace of mind really.

Update: Tyres have arrived and have been put on the wheels, ive got some pictures of before/after but im not uploading them till i have sorted out my "stance" a bit :P

forgot to get a proper picture of the dash board etc, but ive got one which you can see the non-existent dash in the background :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

dont know if anyone still comes on here (the site i mean, not the build thread), but i REALLY miss my Lupo and wish i kept it... and wish i put them bloody alfa wheels on.

Luckily though i sold Linda to a local girl who has kept it the same and tidied her up a bit, (which is really nice to see, but also a bit heart wrenching)... who knows, might put a cheeky offer in and have a second toy :paperbag:

plus i hate my golf haha