speeding :(

bowers155

You can get done with "furious cycling". Look it up ;)

I used to get up to about 35 on my mountain bike coming down from Dunblane to Bridge of Alan. In the 30 if you don't slow down you end up undertaking the cars in the bike lane. On a road bike it would be a doddle to get nearer 40.

you could qualify for a speed awareness course if they are running them in your town,in teesside you can take one if you have less than six points and within ten % over the limit, costs 80 quid mind but its better than points!

Whilst you are correct, this rarely happens in practice.

Must be my bad luck then. One time an unmarked van got me while I passed it parked in a residents bay in a line of parked cars and more recently, I was got from behind (again) by an unmarked van parked in a side street. The camera in that one was mounted on the passenger seat, operator in the back. Both operated by the local "safety partnership".

A Gatso isnt approved for oncoming traffic, so isnt admissable.

The road markings on the opposite lane are there to stop the cunning amongst us from driving by on the wrong side of the road to avoid detection. They think of everything.

Edited by IDGM

Sit tight and hope the postie doesn't deliver a brown envelope.

Couple of years ago, Foxy and I blasted through a mobile speed camera on Rannoch Moor, Foxy got a ticket I never.

you were just that close they couldn't read your number plate weren't you :)

I cycle past a speed camera van on my route, it's down hill and I have a light Felt road bike. . . . If I really went for it and the camera went off could they catch up with me and fine / put points on my automotive license?

ye i think they can do that, though how they would actually catch you is a different story :|

Edited by Dz1981

What do you mean they turned the camera round? What type of camera - a gatso or truvelo? Was it still at the other side of the road?

ACPO guidlines state you shouldnt get prosecuted unless you are doing 10% + 2 over the posted limit, most fixed cameras will be at this (or possibly more dependant on Force)

Sadly I got done for 31.86 in a 30mph limit years ago! I later asked about this 10% and they said that went out in the year 2000 and is only a guide line so good luck!

Correct. I was ass kissing soo much I even offered the copper my pen to write me out the ticket when he couldn't find his. I was on a motorbike tho so I bet he was just a bike hater