High n Dry... sold for £600....

kingsley11

Hiya!

i've been lurking around on here for a while now, thought its time for a thread.

Here is my Lupo the car was my grandpa's from new and then was given to me after hinting etc for years lol
317780_10150310252816700_536576699_84928

i started getting ready for my test in it by having learners insurance on 31,231 miles.
I acually passed my test in the lupo as well:

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

during the de-towbar:

305471_10150340384936700_536576699_86602

pics:

DSC_1056.jpg

DSC_1068.jpg

DSC_1070.jpg

DSC_1066.jpg

Run into problems straight away though, bought these seats....
IMG_0493.jpg
6N2 Polo GTI '1' seats. i know there far from a straight fit but i didnt check the pallet when it was delivered to see if everything was there, this is what came:
IMG_0545.jpg
Everything minus rear upper seats and headrests.

Few things/parts iv got
DSC00294.jpg

Current mods:

EBC Greenstuff brake pads
Polo headrests (6N2 GTI ones in the front, chopped down 9N Polo ones in the back)
6N2 Polo GTI gear gator

Edited by kingsley11

• 2 months later...

Updating the granny mobile thread, even though all of this happened ages ago.

The front number plate has been changed

The rear number plate dealer thing has been changed

Different sidelights

And more recently:

the coolant temperature sensor

fuel filter (again)

Front and rear aero wiper blades. (The front drivers side one is rubbish! does a worse job than the old style ones)

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

But right now this is how it is: The exhaust has been a bit rusty since iv had the car and its gradually got worse and worse, 2 weeks ago i looked underneath in a pit. There were no gasses coming out of the silencer!, the centre section and silencer and the pipe were not looking good lol they're rotten. since i had a look 2 weeks ago iv only used the car twice, iv been catching the bus.. my grandma (whos car it used to be lol) has agreed to pay for a new exhaust for a birthday present lol, im going to have a longlife stainless cat back... Right.. now last night i moved the car from out the street on to the drive had'nt started it in a while, reversing on to the drive the engine lost compression and cut out, fearing the worst LOL i just left it there and waiting to have a look with a friend today. it did turn over but was miss firing took the plugs out and they were shot, been in from new, quick trip to hellfrauds bought NGK Platinum spark plugs. Changed them made no difference straight after this the engine warning light came on. scanned it with vag-com and there was random misfire any cylinder and misfire cylinder 4. swapped HT leads around ( 3 and 4 ) still the same. The coilpack must of failed, This is a common problem right ?

Sorry for the massive story haha !

Edited by kingsley11

You can try cleaning it like the guide on here suggests but I've always found replacing is the answer.

Thanks :) replacing would be much better :) more expenses where i didn't want to be spending. any sort of mods will have to hold on for even longer !

Clean? Engine bay? An APC, meguiars do one. Mix it 1:4 with water and brush it in with various brush and sponges then rice off.... Remember if your using water, take your battery out and cover exposed wires and plugs with plastic bags. If you do want to use water try gunk engine cleaner. A lot of people use it and get great results.

Cleaning the exterior take a look here : http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82608

Joe :)

Clean? Engine bay? An APC, meguiars do one. Mix it 1:4 with water and brush it in with various brush and sponges then rice off.... Remember if your using water, take your battery out and cover exposed wires and plugs with plastic bags. If you do want to use water try gunk engine cleaner. A lot of people use it and get great results.

Cleaning the exterior take a look here : http://forums.clublu...showtopic=82608

Joe :)

Sorry Joe was being vague, should of been way more specific.. I want to clean my EGR valve and crankcase breather box to see if this improves the running of my car, so was wondering what i can use to do that and instead of buying something specific, use something that would do exactly the same job and be cheaper so i can save money. And my friend has a much newer coilpack which works fine on his Polo and im going to test his on my car to see if all of that fixes the poor running. Thanks for all of that advice man :D I will be doing some engine bay cleaning soon :thumbsup: so.. a degreaser then a rince, then autosmart g101 or megs apc diluted ? :)

Edited by kingsley11

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Birthday to me ! (well, was on the 11th)

Drove like this with one of these on each door

IMG_0579.jpg

and it is running much better now, replaced the coilpack and fitted a new VW Economy replacement centre section exhaust and silencer :)

IMG_0577.jpg

Other than that there's no progress, but today the mileage hit 40k

Edited by kingsley11

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Took the passenger seat out earlier

DSC00335.jpg

Made a mess of this

DSC00336.jpg

Was hard to get these out neatly

After absolutely mutilating the other cap, you cant even put it back on now (no picture) i was wondering why the other one was difficult to get off... i never unscrewed it... so on accident ripped it clean out...result:

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

Gutted... have to buy two new ones now...if i can. Dale !............ lol

Whats an easier way to get the covers off to get the the screw thats keeping the plastic cover in thats stops the seat from lifting out ?

Once the seat was out i hoovered and then shampoo'd with some autosmart brisk extra.

While the seat was out i called a friend over and it give a chance to compare the seat frames with ones on the polo gti seats i have. just need to know what can be done to make those other seats go in the lupo (other thread created for that)

Happened a few months ago but thought i'd add it to bulk up this thread...

Had toe and camber corrected

ufhisduhf.jpg

Then bought an original specification Michelin ENERGY 175/65/13 tyre.