1.0 Huge loss of power and missfire p0030

Hi, im having a little trouble with my partners 1.0 lupo (2000) auc

Engine light came on last week and the car was missfiring and losing power

Before getting the codes read i changed the plugs leads and coil.

After that the issue was still there so i checked the air filter and all was well.

While the engine cover was off i noticed one of the air pipes was collapsed, (the small one that t's in to the larger air pipe that attaches to the airbox on the drivers side) this was causing it to tick over oddly and once i put in some new stronger pipe it seemed to tick over better, for a while then went back to how it was.

The codes were read later that day P0030 was what i got. Lambda sensor i belive.

Ive owned alot of cars in my life and ive had my fair share of lambda's changed, but ive never known them to have such a drastic effect on the cars.. the lupo feels like it has about 15bhp not 50.. and the misfire is quite bad now when driving.

obviously im going to change the sensor, but is there anything else to look out for on these?

Oh yea, there seems to be a plastic valve under the engine coverits clipped on just behind the injectors, its got an inlet and outlet but its not connected to anything.. what is it and what should it be connected to?

cheers guys

When my lambda failed on my 1.0 Arosa it was hellish and mis-firing on cold, but got better as it warmed up.

It also stank of fuel and was also used a lot more than usual.

well i removed the cambelt cover to look at the belt and its slack when rotating the engine but tight when its still....

think the tensioner has gone, maybe the belt has slipped causing it to be out of time missfire and be gutless..

anybody know where the timing marks are on the auc engine??

will put a new belt on tomorrow night

new cambelt fitted and timed up correctly... still no better.

had a quick look at the cat and it doesnt seem to be blocked. infact it looks quite clean inside.

next..

check the rest of the exhaust system.

replace lambda

compression test

would the car be using oil if losing compression?

could my car be in limp mode, if so how would i get it out???

lastly if one or two of the hydraulic lifters were knackered would that cause these small vw engines to run like mine?

cheers