Product reviews

Lupo-Joe

Might order some bilberry not seen it in shops I use turtle wax wheel cleaner n I really can't fault it for like 4 quid a go and I get most my valeting stuff from halfords when 3 for 2 offers are on or I go to A.S.K in kippax

right, a review of Poor Boys Nattys Paste Wax (blue)

I bought this wax about 2 months ago, and after using it for the second time yesterday i think ive had enough experience to give my opinion on it. I bought a 8oz tub for £13 with a really nice microfiber and a foam applicator free with it. bargain. This was actually the first time ive used a paste wax, before hand ive only used liquid based waxes but wanted to try something different.

After looking all over the internet, reading reviews and opinions, i decided on this product because it was cheap, and i didnt read anything bad about it at all. All other product had the odd person saying other wax's left streaking or were hard to remove, so i thought i'd play it safe. The paste wax is blue as this is whats reccomended for dark cars, they also do a white and red version :)

this stuff is super easy to apply, i used a foam applicator to put it on and left it for about 20 minutes, taking it off was easy and i had no issues with streaking or struggling to get it off. Also i had no dust remains on the paint! when going around my sunroof i did notice that the wax made the plastic surround go white, much like many polishes do, but im yet to come accross a product that doesnt do this.

although ive applied it twice in 2 months, it definitely wasn't needed and the car was still beading lots!

went out this morning and grabbed some photos on my camera, these are completed un edited.

i do love the way lupo bonnets curve..

599529_10150953149748549_1684902096_n.jpg

580817_10150953150103549_1851403017_n.jpg

165946_10150953150363549_1365343220_n.jpg

255335_10150953151433549_157944427_n.jpg

394739_10150953151598549_719655532_n.jpg

• Like 1

There appears to be something growing from the headlights of the 3 series

tell me about its, its horrendous. i feel ashamed to park next to it everday :( up until the other day they also had a red nose over the front grille and some of those union jack mirror covers.

edit: just so you know that not my house, or my 3 series, i live opposite so the photo is taken from my front door.

Edited by Thooooom

I use the Nattys blue. Impressed with it.

Smells beautiful too!

the smell is honestly the best smell ive ever had from a cleaning product. like bubblegum. It makes waxing it enjoyable :)!

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought some poor boys nattys blue paste wax paid £35 biggest tub there was read all good reviews so risked it went in there n bought it hopefully put it to use early next week thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

Auto Finesse Iron Out

I purchased this produced from the AF stall at Player 6.0 this year after I've never used an iron remover before. Firstly as with all the auto finesse range the product is well produced in nice packaging and instructions. As with all iron removing products it doesnt smell nice however it will be a miracle if a company does one that smells good! The product sprays nicely and has that iconic purple bleeding. I found that one application, rinse and the a second spray worked best! I would recommend this product if youve never used one before!

file-17.jpg

Keep the reviews coming,

Joe

Edited by Lupo-Joe

poor boys wheel sealant, cant fault it! apply a few coats, and not only does it smell absolutely grogeous, it keeps your wheels immaculate and so easy to clean! a quick wash with a jetwash and they're back to show condition! cant reccomend it enough! you can literally get a cloth and with a wipe they're clean! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Afternoon guys, heres a small video on Auto Finesse's Imperial wheel cleaner. I went to see James B at AF on monday and picked up a 5L bottle of this wheel cleaner. In this video it was mixed: 100ml imperial to 700ml water and pumped through a foaming head sprayer from Clean your car, and a pro valet brush used to clean the face of this very dirty focus wheel.

I was really impressed with this product at this dilution and would highly recommend it over over cleaners such as bilberry.

Joe

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon members.

After a resent trip to James and the Auto Finesse team I managed to get my lucky hands of one of the all new AF Detailing Brushes. When speaking to James he promised me this brush would work wonders with wheels so I just had to try it!

Since this summer I have been attached to my Pro Valet wheel brush so I will compare these two products. Firstly the size, The AF brush is ever so slightly shorter in length however not to the extent that it will make a different to the ease of use. The Auto Finesse brush has a thicker handle. This makes the brush a lot easier to hold and manoeuvre when cleaning. With the Pro Valet brush I found after a bit of time, the thin handle could become too thin and end up holding the brush closer to the hair. Heres a Picture comparing to two brushes side by side comparing sizes.

Brush_1.jpg

Next up the business end. Regards to the Pro Valet brush, its very good at covering smaller areas with great precision and the stiffer bristles have a great rigidity when cleaning the faces of wheels. However, Auto Finesse have gone down a different road to most brushes that are currently on the market. It appears they have mixed the high quality hair bristles like the Swissvax wheel brush uses, with the length of the Auto Gylm Hi-Tech wheel brush. The results of this are very satisfying. The brush has all of the flexibility needed when cleaning both the faces of wheels and getting in between the spokes. The longer and softer hairs makes sure that you get into all of those hard to reach places, no matter what the wheel!

Side by side comparing cleaning heads (AF Left, PV Right):

Brush_2.jpg

On action shot cleaning VW Wheel trims:

Brush_4.jpg

How versatile is this AF brush?

Along with cleaning the wheel trims of this Lupo, I used the brush on its large walled tyres. These tyres are sized at 175/65/R13 and the large bristles of the Auto Finesse brush made light work of cleaning the tyre walls. Once again the softer hairs made sure the brush cover the whole width of the tyre in one go, effortlessly. Below is and picture demonstrating this!

Brush_5.jpg

Overall im extremely impressed by this new wheel brush by Auto Finesse. in comparison to the Pro Valet wheel brush, end to end it has been made very well from the handle, the embossed logo and the great cleaning head. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone looking for a high quality wheel brush. I would rate this brush a strong 9 out of 10!

Thanks Auto Finesse!

Brush_6.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Great Videos Joe :thumbup:

Just watched them all, Great work

Looking forward to the next one lol

Ryan

Another Ep for you guys. This video shows off the ever impressive Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant. This product was very easy to use and it took me half the time do a car compared to a regular wax. Real simple product to use! Any questions give me a PM.

Joe

• 4 months later...

My latest purchase, the review copied over from Detailing World.

WHAT IS IT?
The Large Dooka wash pad ... in red!
IMG_5517_zpsc0c7216d.jpg
WHAT DOES IT BRING TO THE TABLE?
"dooka's woollie wash pads feature a double-sided ultra-deep lambs wool pile that allows dirt and grime to be drawn safely away from exterior surfaces during the washing process, thus significantly reducing the chances of inflicting fine scratches and marring."
WHAT AM I TESTING IT ON?
My Blue Volkswagen Lupo
WHAT DO I THINK OF IT?
Previously I used to use DoDo Juice wookies fist so I will compare to this.
Firstly, the DJ Wookie Fist is the larger size at 9x9inch and fits perfectly into buckets, and as its square you get a better coverage than a mitt. It also has extremely long "hair" compared to the Dooka pad, it has more a medium length hair so still picks up dirt just less hard to clean after the wash.
Personally, when i used a wash mitt, i never put my hand inside it so the pad just felt natural to use. and when teamed up with the excellent Zaino shampoo it glided across the paint making for a safe wash.
Lastly, When you receive the wash pad you also get a keyring. This has quick steps how to maintain your pad. A very clever idea as im sure not everyone maintains the mitt well!
After using the Dooka Washpad, I am keen to try out the wheel mitt and hope to have the same success I have had with the Washpad.
IMG_5519_zpsd5c8313a.jpg
IMG_5520_zps70f3efa3.jpg
IMG_5522_zps8e5ea8db.jpg
and a pad pose...
IMG_5521_zps7e65b1d1.jpg
PRO's
- A great control
- Comes in two great sizes
- Free keyring
- A suprise to what colour you will get!
Con's
- Quiet costly for the larger one.