Product reviews

Lupo-Joe

So here I thought people could share products they use and that. I see auto glym SRP is a popular one and pops up alot on people's build thread!

I also see alot of people you an APC (all purpose cleaner), and I still see alot of people not no about it! Personal I use the meguiars gear, and think its a really good around product. I've used it on my engine bay, wheel arches under body (sides and back), door shuts and of course window rubbers. It retails around £21 to £25 and for that you get a fair amount of cleaning, so it's well worth the money. As long as you dilute it wellto what your working on it will do the job! I use this product through a small 5L garden spray bottle and also in a smaller 250ml bottle. This allows me to do windows quickly as and when I need them doing and others small areas. If your into your cleaning or not I'd say this is a must and with a bit of elbow grease your car will look so much better!

I hope you all use this to help others or to ask Q's & A's to others :)

Happy posting

Joe

Just ordered some poor boys swirl remover this evening! it contains no fillers or oils or anything of that content as its a water based product! They say it can be use by machine or hand!

Will get a write up once received and used!

Just ordered some poor boys swirl remover this evening! it contains no fillers or oils or anything of that content as its a water based product! They say it can be use by machine or hand!

Will get a write up once received and used!

What grade did you get, cant fault the stuff. Its great

• 2 weeks later...

So today I've been using blue valet wax by dodo juice on my blue lupo! Was well impressed, I got the panel pot for £6 and wen it got to me it was smaller than expected! However you could easily get 3 coats over a lupo on one of these panel pots! Really easy to use also! I would highly recommend it to anyone with a blue car!!

Here's a link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dodo-Juice-Blue-Velvet-Car-Wax-Panel-Pot-30ml-NEW-/190605107668?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item2c60f321d4#ht_801wt_689

Joe

Edited by Lupo-Joe

• 4 weeks later...

So my latest review is for snow foam,,,,,but with out a pressure washer :innocent:

So Basically my car is cleaned once a week every week and has a smooth surface on it and is waxed regularly. Ive never ever used snow foam before and was unsure on how much to use again how much water so in a 600ml bottle i put in 150ml of snow foam (pro valet) and topped up with water. Connected up and this was my results.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

This snow foam bottle/object/lance thingy cost ten pound and can be found here : http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/super-spray-hose-end-sprayer/prod_335.html

For my first attempt I was pretty happy and it was great fun! If anyones got any tips for the future or got any comment feel free :D

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So it's time for a new wax for me so I brought Zymol Titanium and heres a quick review I posted on detailing world:

So this morning I'm off college so decided to use my zymol! I washed as normal, 2 bucket method etc, the removed some light swirls using my DAS6 polisher and Menzerna. Then two coats of super resin polish and the two coats of Zymol Titanium. This was on the bonnet and two front wings as i didnt have hours and hours

First thing i noticed about the wax was, I love the smell! Next I took a small amount on to my finger tips and rubbed into the pams and fingers. Once it's was warmed up in my hands and ready for application I started on the car. The wax spread really nicely and I noticed the wax used went along way! Removing the wax was nice as well and wasn't hard work, and once buffed it left me a deep quality shine.

Autobrite magifoam with the autobrite hd lance, well what can I say about this product........it's awesome, good dwell time and even on my first time got a decent consistency :) cleans superbly and if looking for a quick wash method in the likes of winter months etc I think this would be a great product to have in the detailing cupboard :) as although I proceed with a 2bm always if you wish you could easily snow foam with magifoam and rinse and leave the car and have a good clean car after the rinse stage no 2bm involved

Pics of magifoam in action

4bfd8b03.jpg

9889c932.jpg

Edited by d4n91

Magifoam is very good, It's also my go-to snow foam of choice however Chemical Guys No-Touch SF is also very good and possibly cleans better than Magifoam.

Joe so you were impressed with the Z Titanium then? I havent used any Z waxes infact I havent used any waxes for a while I much prefer sealants for ease of use, looks and durability. Currently using zaino Z2 on my car at the moment topped with Z8 n it's spot on.

Thanks for the reviews lads keep them coming :thumbsup:

Magifoam is very good, It's also my go-to snow foam of choice however Chemical Guys No-Touch SF is also very good and possibly cleans better than Magifoam.

Joe so you were impressed with the Z Titanium then? I havent used any Z waxes infact I havent used any waxes for a while I much prefer sealants for ease of use, looks and durability. Currently using zaino Z2 on my car at the moment topped with Z8 n it's spot on.

Thanks for the reviews lads keep them coming :thumbsup:

Yes I was extremely happy Aaron. it smells good and works in extremely well. The call it a wax glaze, so it has the carnuaba content of a high grade wax yet sheets like a glaze so I would recomend it, I'm also told its durable :thumbsup: For my first "bouquet" wax I'm extremely happy and would recomoned it to anyone!

• 2 months later...

Right so this is my latest review for you all. This time it's Smart Gel, part of the smartwax product range. I brought this product off of Deatilingworld with the idea of keeping my bumpers, seals, Mudflaps etc.... Clean and fresh. I'm extremely happy with how this product performs. I have used a meguiars foam applicator to apply it as I've found this the best way so far. My dad has used it on the engine bay on his C-Class and it came up like new and 2 months down the line it still looks great! I also had to clean my girlfriends car recently and as you may know some of the older Ford KA's had black plastic bumpers, I used it here and got a picture of the result.

EastHertfordshire-20120519-00526.jpg

I would fully recommend this for all cars, not just lupo's!

Here's a link:

http://www.smartwax-usa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SW%2DGEL

Thanks for reading.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone suggest a decent wax I don't want to be spending too much as I do go through it hence I try to wax nearly every time I wash usually once a fortnight at moment I'm just using turtle wax original doesn't seem to bad so far getting some beading but not really repelling water like some you see I've looked at AG high definition didn't realise how much it was also tried turtle wax black box but it takes for ever having to go through washing polishing then a pre wax cleaner and detail spray then actually waxing so really would like some suggestions n link :)

Can anyone suggest a decent wax I don't want to be spending too much as I do go through it hence I try to wax nearly every time I wash usually once a fortnight at moment I'm just using turtle wax original doesn't seem to bad so far getting some beading but not really repelling water like some you see I've looked at AG high definition didn't realise how much it was also tried turtle wax black box but it takes for ever having to go through washing polishing then a pre wax cleaner and detail spray then actually waxing so really would like some suggestions n link :)

Poor boys nattys paste wax. :)