when coasting or clutch down, revs go up and down.

ChristopherReeve

Is it just after you release the accelerator? or is it doing it even if you've not touched it for a bit? my freind was baffled as to why his corolla was continuing to hold revs for a small delay after taking his foot off. turned out to be ECU controlling it. could be the same thing?

Is it just after you release the accelerator? or is it doing it even if you've not touched it for a bit? my freind was baffled as to why his corolla was continuing to hold revs for a small delay after taking his foot off. turned out to be ECU controlling it. could be the same thing?

no its whenever im rolling it goes up and down for like 15/20 seconds.

This may sound silly but does the actual engine revs increase and fall or just the display in your cluster?

no it id defo the engine revving.

Don't coast with the clutch down.

It's actually bad for MPG and that might be why you have to fill up more often.

Two problems of yours, one solution.

I dont do it ever its when im like rolling downhill i dont bother putting it in gear i sit in neutral i hear it then or when im sat in traffic in neutral.

One, you've got a broken hose or something is up with the air intake. Two, check your filter. Three, your throttle body needs a clean. Four, you might have issues with the petrol supply, check all fuel lines are in good nick and that your fuel filter doesn't need replacing. Five, one of your lambda sensors on the exhaust line needs replacing............

One, you've got a broken hose or something is up with the air intake. Two, check your filter. Three, your throttle body needs a clean. Four, you might have issues with the petrol supply, check all fuel lines are in good nick and that your fuel filter doesn't need replacing. Five, one of your lambda sensors on the exhaust line needs replacing............

Legend (: It was issue 5 Lol, Lambda sensor!