Lupo GTi - D8OPE

Benjeee19

• 1 month later...

Few little updates :mrgreen:

Bought a new manifold cover from VW the other day because the one on the car was looking a bit tired, polished the new one up with autosol and megs metal polish :)

1d5d84de.jpg

Old Manifold Cover

DSCF0339.jpg

New manifold Cover

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

All finished and cleaned up

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

Genuine VW mats

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

Genuine tax disc holder

DSCF0347.jpg

Treated the lupo to a new Kenwood iPod unit :wub:

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

Ben

Edited by Benjeee19

Haha going to say not seen any other lupo GTi's around Derby so far, you going to the pride park meet this Thursday?

Had it for a few months now pal its awesome :mrgreen:

there are a few hiding around the area... guy called barry lives in alvaston works at parkway has one (or he did have. not seen him around for a long time) iv seen a standard one knocking around too a few times. Shaun (shaunandez) lives in mansfield and Aaron lives in belper. other than that i dont know of any Gti's. i wont be there thursday mate as im taking my mrs out for a meal. few of my mates are going tho :)

• 4 weeks later...

No mate was well chuffed it came straight out :) I just sprayed each bolt with a bit of WD before

Looking forward to seeing your car this year mate it's looking awesome so clean :)!

Ben

Thanks Ben :) reeeeeally need to get mine manifold cover off its the final piece to my perfectly clean bay lol I'll get the old WD out or the angle grinder lol

Alex

Thanks Ben :) reeeeeally need to get mine manifold cover off its the final piece to my perfectly clean bay lol I'll get the old WD out or the angle grinder lol

Alex

It does finish the bay off makes it look so new and clean :)

How did you manage to fit your mk4 recaros have they just got that section grinded from the bottom?

Ben

cars looking good! bay looks so tidy now.

how much was the new manifold cover? also how much would you be looking for with the seats ?

Cheers mate it's getting there :) the manifold cover was £16 from VW and was looking around the £100 mark for the seats because they are in perfect condition :)

Ben

i would also like to know how much the manifold is mines pitted :( looks nice and tidy good work

Thank you it's nice to get some good comments :) manifold was £16 mate

Ben

One bloody clean, great example of a GTi, I hope to own one of these in a couple years!!! ... If I dont get a 5 series that is...

Cheers pal means a lot :D you should get one there awesome cars :)

Ben

Very tidy GTI mate :D I've got a pair of Lupo seat bases you could use for Mk4 seat conversion. Mine are ground & they work ok.

Very tidy GTI mate :D I've got a pair of Lupo seat bases you could use for Mk4 seat conversion. Mine are ground & they work ok.

Thank you for the offer think I'm just going to alter the golf base and they should fit :)

Ben

Yeah my seats were ground down at the bottom Ben, drop me a PM if you need any photos of mine mate :) keep up the good work.

Alex

Nice one cheers for that Alex :) have you got any pictures of where you had to grind the material from?

Ben

Cheers pal means a lot :D you should get one there awesome cars :)

Ben

I would but insurance... Sounds funny coming from a VR6 owner but yeh I had the vr6 engine, brakes and everything else moved over to my 1.4 se lol

Edited by VR6_K

Cheers dude that's a good guide :)

Ben

if you need any help with the seats ben i will nip round and do it with you... or have a look at mine when i see you.

Cheers Piers I'll drop you a text when ive got them matey :)

How's yours coming along?

Ben

Cheers dude that's a good guide :)

Ben

Cheers Piers I'll drop you a text when ive got them matey :)

How's yours coming along?

Ben

Yeah no problem mate. they are dead easy to get in... i havnt grinded mine yet but they are set in one position and dont move. getting them sorted when it goes for the work you know about... last parts have arrived just waiting on a date from my mate. he's got his girlfriends car to finish then he said he can do mine. cant wait... :)

what you doing sunday? drop me a text...