My black lupo streetbasser

Blue bulldog

Haha no. I had lots of pink bits on the car when I bought it and took them all off. Even the wheels were pink. I am undecided between blue and red. The LEDs I have are blue so may have to go that route of blue and black theme

Blue then :)

looks like a good build so far! DC lvl 5s work there wonders!

what are you running upfront?

Not sure what front speakers I am going for but already got an spl dynamics 150.4 to run front stage so ideally will have two sets of comps in each door with custom lower door cards. Also car pc will be going in so I have all my music and videos at my fingertips

• 2 weeks later...

Once again managed to get a little bit done on the car. Front trim panel is back in now. Installed some washers on each sub bolt to help hold the sub more firmly in place. The bolts just look to small but will see once I get the subs.

Then I turned my attention to the boot. The bracing is really good and seriously doubt I will get any flex at all. The piece of wood the came with Loudboy's deadening to keep it straight was just the right size for the amp rack so glued and screwed that on the wall (no use in wasting it is there lol), and carpeted that ready for amps to be mounted on. Looks nice and clean. Also enabled me to have the speaker terminals on show wink.png

2c516815.jpg

5d21c566.jpg

Recessed nicely so fuses can go at the bottom and should look tidy. Will make the beaty trims and side panels once amps are installed, all wires ran and I location can be accurately measured. Thinking of putting vinyl on the back window like I did the sides to completely black it out. Amps are silver and even with tints, they will be clearly visible outside the car. Don't want thieves getting the wrong idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I will update this anyway although no one seems interested lol.

MDF roof installed. There is approximately 39mm of wood in my roof and expanding foam in places

20c043d8.jpg

One of my subs needed a recone so got on to that. Basket and spider landing cleaned up. Pain of a job getting all the glue and rubber off

c7fab9d6.jpg

5f3b0426.jpg

Recone kit arrived and cone dropped in and glued. This was how it looked when done, don't think anyone would be interested in how to actually recone a sub. Was easier being so big and could get to all parts easily. Here is a pic next to a sky remote so you get an idea of how massive each speaker is

8e1c650b.jpg

In its rightful place

946d9205.jpg

Boot area reorganised to try and fit everything in. This little car is like a tardis lol. Will be tidying up the cables soon

ef394a52.jpg

Had to run wire from one of the mono amps to the volt guage so I can monitor how much power they are getting when I turn it up. Installed a switch so I can turn it on or off as required. Only really need it on when playing the system at full tilt

13373bcd.jpg

With all the batteries I have in this car (4 in total), this was my voltage with engine off after about an hour listening to music while I worked on the car

c0e5ccb6.jpg

Good stable power supply

My tickets arrived today for Modified Nationals

4b3ec068.jpg

Today I trimmed the roof in black leatherette

f869b3f6.jpg

Now on to the videos. This was the first proper demo of the install

Pulled the seats forward to catch the subs flexing. Moves a hell of a lot of air

Quite a big update. Awaiting the arrival of my front speakers tomorrow and that will be the car semi ready for the show on the weekend. Have to find time to give it a clean too. Any comments welcome

I assure you I'm most certainly interested ;) it's not something i would do but doesn't mean I can't appreciate the work that you've put in, and you've clearly achieved what you set out to do.

[edit] watched the vids now, mad flex love it :lol:

Edited by Koop

Thanks for the comments. I was sure I was going to get people telling me how I have wrecked my car lol. Well I have actually but having fun at the same time. I think I am going to run up a hefty repair bill with all the bass damage this is going to sustain ;)

I actually think your car looks really nice from the outside - wheels are ace.

I can't really relate to spending thousands on an in-car system when it's never going to sound as good as a domestic high-end seperates system that you would have in your lounge.

Bass alone does not make a good sound system - it's about separation and low distortion.

But hey, it's your car, your money and, if it makes you happy then go for it :thumbsup:

Have had to rush this but my original door cards are absolutely mingin and don't match the rest of the car. So I have started retrimming them. This is some motivation for Felix to get his doors trimmed wink.png. Not the best glue I am using but I can redo it after the show. At least the leatherette will be the shape I want. Might not be necessary, seems to have gone on fine. Took about an hour of heating and stretching and gluing and pulling and swearing lol

464285ed.jpg

d495e30c.jpg

95137663.jpg

All finished

c9bcc94c.jpg

a80008af.jpg

Off to play group with my son now then continue when we come back. This retrim job wasn't on my list of jobs but looks so good so have to finish it wink.png. My speakers should be arriving at lunch time so will be sorting both doors this evening when I have the time

I can't really relate to spending thousands on an in-car system when it's never going to sound as good as a domestic high-end seperates system that you would have in your lounge.

Bass alone does not make a good sound system - it's about separation and low distortion.

But hey, it's your car, your money and, if it makes you happy then go for it :thumbsup:

I can respect that point of view. This was never meant to be about sound quality, its an all out streetbasser. Low tuned for deep bass but still be able to listen to music. I have all three stages going in this car though. The subwoofers are for the bass, have four mid range speakers going in the doors and then will be sorting tweeters too. So at lolw volume should have a reasonable amount of SQ. Thanks for the comment though

That leatherette looks like fun, don't envy you there :lol: