Lupo 1.0 Insurance HELP

lewisbee93

Hi im lewis

im 17 years old ive passed my test

Im wanting to buy a 1999 1 litre lupo no modifications or anything

Ive never made any claims this is my first car

But all my quotes are like 4 grand+ and ive heard it should only be 1-2 grand at the most

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? :S

Ive looked on admiral money supermarket go compare etc

Get back to me asap please

THANKS

Hey mate, i had mine at 18 at around 1400, try multicar discounts if you have more than one car in the household this helped me loads (i'm with Aviva). And i've heard that adding others to the policy (such as parents) can reduce it. I'm now 19, paying the same price but fully comp.

Welcome to the horrible world of "Your First Years Insurance".

I'm 22 now, first year driving (Was 21 when I started the policy though..), mk1 Arosa 1L.. £1800 all in, on my own policy..

A client of mine works for Admiral, he's told me to expect it to drop to £700 come renewal..

Have you spoken to the companies over the phone or just online quotes? If you speak to them personally, you may be able to persuade them to see if you can get any discounts. They really rely on people not bothering and just accepting the online quote. Look in the insurance section, people state which companies were best for them, then call up those companies. And i know i've said it once, but multicar is really good. When you do, ask how the price will vary dependant on the level of cover i.e. tpft or fully comp and if you can add more experienced drivers to policy. It's gonna shoot up as soon as you say your 17 anyway :(

Just select the max excess, say it's parked in cotton wool overnite and you'll only drive it on christmas day to get the the nativity etc :tongueout:

Everyone i know who pass at 17 at the moment arnt paying under 3k on all cars.. Im paying £996 for a 1.0L lupo with 2ync and a year of driving at 19 but aviva are the cheapest going and if you ring up they somtimes have a massive flex in what they can charge and 99% of the time they will give a massive discount !!

But adding people onto the insurence will drop it and pass plus helps alot

Cheers :)

Exact same position as me mate! Stick in moneysupermaket - no mods, under 5k miles a year, social and domestic use, the car is registered under you, you as an addition driver but select yourself as the main driver in the drop box underneath and get a quote from insurethebox! They will want to fit a Telematics device to your car but before you go ahead doing that, give some insurance companies a call! My mate has a 1.4 Polo and got insurance with Aviva for £900! That was after he just passed his test!

Edited by davidelliott294

Inurance for young, new drivers is a complete joke atm.

Do you know what rating your postcode is? that seems to have to biggest affect on price.

Advice for cheaper car insurance:

Get your mum/dad as a named driver if they have loads of no claims and no convictions.

Limited milage policy.

No mods until a couple years no claims.

Dont even think about engine mods.

Try and play specalist insurance companies off each other. certain campanies fight over younger drivers/VWs etc. Just go back and forth and see if they can beat each other quotes. (I know of one guy who went from £1.5k to £1k doing this)

NO added stuff, you want basic cover.

Welcome to the horrible world of "Your First Years Insurance".

I'm 22 now, first year driving (Was 21 when I started the policy though..), mk1 Arosa 1L.. £1800 all in, on my own policy..

A client of mine works for Admiral, he's told me to expect it to drop to £700 come renewal..

That's what happened to me, first year with admiral was £1400, no mods. Now £750 with wheels and coils

That's what happened to me, first year with admiral was £1400, no mods. Now £750 with wheels and coils

my first year was 700, 2ndyear 1500. No crashes, claims and my car is unmodded.

im on multicar with the rents as named drivers on a '01 1,0E, got quoted 300 for my provisional insurance then another 700 quid when i pass. The premiums for some mods that i'm planning doesn't equate to too much either.

this is with admiral and it's fully comp, there was a difference of like 20 quid between it and third party haha, i'm 17 also

Edited by vdublo

OMG, i was moaning when mine was almost £200 for the year because my range rover was only £139!!!

so i suppose my only advice is get older by 2.5 times your current age and it will come down. not much help am i :(

Edited by monkey_biz

im paying 1500 a year on my dads policy for a lupo sport!

I think compare the market etc etc is a load of **** tbh! have a look on the co-op thats who im with. Try like Aviva and places like that!

Is the car registered in your name ?

Aviva might be good for the first year but expect your premiums to keep rising sharply each year despite clocking up extra no claims, I just got rid of them they were a nightmare! Their customer service is terrible I had to literally shout at them to get them to provide a letter showing my correct no claims, not to mention various other c**k ups. Don't know their @rse from their elbow I tell thee!

I'm 29 but just passed my test. Did the usual compare the market thing then called the cheapest one directly. Went with Admiral, 0 NCD, got it for just under a grand for my 2001 1.0E in the centre of Glasgow. Roll on next year when I'm 30 and hopefully got some no claims!