Had enuff now - Loopy's died again

Fran

Was going along the m42 on the way to santa pod on sat, sitting at 80 in the outside lane, cambelt decided to go BANG.

Result - one very dead loopy at 49,000 miles. cambelt is not supposed to be changed til 80,000. i also got the vw reprasentative to repeat that to me this morning, before i said it. im refusing to pay any money for repairs as this is something which should not have gone. i've only had her back about a fortnight after having to have a brand spanking new gearbox (and forking out £700 for it)

they are also fobbing me off about they have no courtesy cars. i currently need a car at present.

im going to watchdog, ive had enuff

p.s. she is now for sale. when fixed, looking for offers around the £8k mark.

Fran, I feel really sorry for you.

:thumbs: Cheer up girl.

With a bit of luck VW will sort it out free of charge, your right a cam belt shouldn't go this quick. Go forth to Watchdog and raise hell :devil:

thing that guts me out the most is that cos my car is out of warranty, vw just dont wanna know sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

makes me cross cos i get treated like a second class citizen

i had to give the courtesy car i got with vw assistance back today sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> now im carless cos the dealership (SINCLAIRS PENLLERGAER, SWANSEA - DONT GO THERE) keep fobbing me off with excuses about not having courtesy cars.

im gonna take my dad and my boyf up with me when we go to sort this mess out, their scary biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

watchdog here i come! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Thats crap news Fran, maybe it is time for a gti. VW changed my cambelt at around the 30,000 mark which i thought was a bit soon, at least it was under warranty.

naaah corrado im gonna have now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

stickin dub but older!!

was told late this afternoon that it wasnt the belt, it was the tensioner holding it. my mate in the stealers told me to ring vw uk and cause hell

that is crap - and it is also sooo typical of how VW dealers treat customers (particually Female ones).

I know Sam has had some problems and it eventually needed her Dad to go down to the place because they just wouldnt take her seriously.

Also shows VW for what they are (even though I drive one) a thoroughly average car backed up by a company that doesnt give a cr@p.

Hope you get it all sorted soon.

well theres bad news............but theres also really really good news biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

bad news is, loopy needs a new engine!

the awesome news is, been guaranteed vw are going to pay for it all biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> my mate in the garage gave me a ring this morning to say loopys ass is covered 110%

so im guessin its happened because of the gearbox work they did.

Excellent news!!! New engine! Fantastic!!!

Don't forget to run it in now!

When I had a new engine put in my Passat, I was without it for about 3 weeks. They had to get the engine delivered, bed it in and fit it. Bedding it in took ages.

Get your hands on a VW courtesy car ASAP, cos it's gonna be a while. I had a 1.0l Lupo for mine when this happened, and I put over 2000 miles on the clock! (I enjoyed driving it).

believe me i am trying...........i feel awful scrubbing lifts off people everywhere. gonna try and get a mag feature asap too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ive got no idea but im guessin around that price.

found out what actually happened too, theres plastic casing around the cambelts and a piece of it had somehow snapped off and got lodged inbetween the tensioner and the belt so it went bang.

Well done getting yourself a free engine. Iwas feeling well guilty after recommending buying a Lupo to you in the first place!! Are you seriously considering getting a Corrado?? VR6 ones are lovely but they've nearly all done loads of miles now. Anyway hope you get Loopy back soon

QUOTE(luporacer)
well i got her back.........clutch feels odd so am taking her back on sat sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

In a clicky way or is the bite jerky?

If so thats just like mine, the pedal box is on the way out sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

ive had the pedal box done once before, only they welded it back together for me.

so whats happened now i dont know ??? still SINCLAIR VOLKSWAGEN ARE A BUNCH OF NUMPTIES mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />