Half Cage

Pete

Just seen something I actually quite like the look of on another site, a roll cage, not a full one but just one to stick in the boot, and I never really even gave a roll cage a second thought before but I have no back seats and it'd only be for cosmetics but it looked pretty smart IMO, so the next thing is where can I get one from??

Think the lad is on here actually, I'll see if I can find a pic locally, I doubt anyone would ask me that to be honest, most people never get over the answer to the first, even more obvious, question that I always get asked.

But if you crash on your way to a show not only will you have the accident to contend with you'll also have the big pile of scaffolding rapidly approaching the back of your head!

There's a reason proper roll cages are strong and welded/bolted down!!

I won't bother then, no point me putting a full cage in as it'll get in the way and I won't be tracking it ever, although I'm sure in a crash a full cage will have just as much damaging capabilities as a half cage in a head on or shunt from behind, a show cage bolts into mounts just like a full one does. The full cage has even more metal tubing that could injure me, but obviously if I was to just lose it and roll it then it would be of benefit. And it was top gun by the way......

The difference being that a proper roll cage, be it a full cage or a half cage are made out of decent grade metal and welded together properly.

Show cages on the other hand are made of crappy thin walled tubing, provide no extra strength and are really badly welded together so they are far more likely to break apart and fire bits of metal at the back of your head in an accident!

I'm sure a half cage can be produced with the same materials as a full cage, surely? Either way, for now I'll leave it. Just looks nice in that car I linked, and a lads 106 around my area.

Ok, maybe I need to clarify, I am after a half cage, as in one that won't wilt when I leave it in the car when it's hot, but will more than likely only ever have it installed when going to shows. So it will be a decent spec half cage that will be used for shows.