Lupo on ITB's

pieface

Right,this is a topic for people in the know, not people who want to spam the topic with "waste of time, dont bother, more money than its worth - go for forced indution.

I've looked into this more and more, done a search, both on here and goole, and looked back at when I ran ITB's on my Metro turbo (fitted with a K-series lump).

What I was running on the Metro was;

MegaSquirt ECU

GSXR 600 ITB's

Custom made inlet manifold.

Open Trumpets - No Socks

So I am looking into putting something similar, if not the same on the Lupo.

I'm not going to put ITB's on and expect to see 50bhp instantly, with the ITB's I will install a de-cat, full exhaust system, and I am also looking into cams, and maybe a bit of head work.

From this I would expect to see somewhere of between 40-60bhp increase, although this is only going by previous topics and previous experience, so please feel free to put your opinions on power increase on here.

Now what I'm wanting, is peoples opinions on using R1 ITB's and GSXR ITB's. The GSXR750 itb's are good enough for upto 220bhp, so I may go for these as opposed to the 600, but then is there any point?

The R1 itb's are also more expensive due to the "tax" on them from being an "R1" and theres no real difference - is there??

Also what I need to know is, what pin does the lupo ECU use? If anyone has one to hand, or a picture of it, that would be brilliant. I need this to see if I can run MegaSquirt.

Thanks in advance,

Si

R1 5PWs are completely individual bodies. The GSX variants, from what I've seen so far, are cast 2 x 2. If you can get away with them, go for them and avoid the tax that I had to pay for my 5PWs.

Matched up with a decent set of cams should see 40-50hp easily.

I can't help any further, sorry. Not really clued up on Lupo Wiring

I went for R1 itb´s on my Lupo a year back or so.

I made me a custom manifold and bought a set of ITB´s from a 2002 R1 and four Uni airfilters.

I never gat a proper remap and i only used standard marelli injection.

Here´s a pic of it, i have more detailed ones too somewhere...

3b72010120614a019.jpg

Manifold and filters are still laying around in the garage if youre intrested : ) No ITB´s though...

I´ll get pics of it if you like.

Edited by Norpan

The GSXR bodies are cast individual and mounted on threaded bar which is ideal as you can space them where you want.

Norpan - How much would you want for the manifold and filters? Did you have to move much in the engine bay i.e brake servo etc

Also, what ecu did you use, or did you use the standard ecu, and if so how? and what engine was this on?

Edited by pieface

The GSXR bodies are cast individual and mounted on threaded bar which is ideal as you can space them where you want.

Ah, i'd not seen any from the GSX with this type of spacing, only the ones that were cast 2 x 2, hence why I went for some R1 Bodies as they're on threaded rods.

I didn't remap my MM ECU either, as its self-learning to a degree. I'm not sure what ECU is used by the Lupo, but my GTi-6 powered 205 uses a MM 1AP.10. I did have to make various changed to sensors and whatnot though, which on a PSA Unit i'm fine with, but a VAG...i'm not so sure

Ah ok cheers.

I will be using MegaSquirt 2 V3 as I know what I am doing with it, and I love how simple it is.

Do you know what ecu you used Silver6? I'm trying to find out what pin the Lupo ECU has as I'm in talks with MS about my ecu and im trying to find what connector I need.

Think so, MS usually takes from 5v-12v input.

I havent found anything MS won't work on, and usually theres only a problem if the trigger wheel is odd, the rover K series is something like 36-2-5 which was a ball ache, but you can program any trigger wheel, although a 36-1 Ford is the easiest.

From a quick search on google though, I can see the lupo is 60-2 and is supported by MS.

Yeah the lupo is 60-2. I can remember i had an issue with the crank sensor on my emerald but i think i was being "special" at the time. Had to faff about with a few settings to get it to see it.

when I'm home next ill get a picture of the plug and confirm the pin arrangement, I'm 100% sure its 121 pin though.

Ah ok cheers.

I will be using MegaSquirt 2 V3 as I know what I am doing with it, and I love how simple it is.

Do you know what ecu you used Silver6? I'm trying to find out what pin the Lupo ECU has as I'm in talks with MS about my ecu and im trying to find what connector I need.

This was on my XU10 Engine in my 205. Completely different to a CANbus system. I've not ITB'd a Lupo to date.

Ok brilliant. Cheers Casper.

Dont worry, I've had many "idiot" moments, most of them happen in the workshop after about 11pm though

Edited by pieface

Norpan - How much would you want for the manifold and filters? Did you have to move much in the engine bay i.e brake servo etc

Also, what ecu did you use, or did you use the standard ecu, and if so how? and what engine was this on?

Haven´t tought of a price really....

I used the standard Ecu untouched, never really used them on the street so to say. Only went for some test spins outside the garage

cause it really needed a remap or a standalone to work.

I went with bike-carbs instead for a while and then i put the 1,8T engine in : )

Cant really say if my manifold will fit in a righthanddrive car as i have a lefthanddrive up here in sweden but it propably will.

I didn´t relocate anything to make them fit, I only removed the original intakemanifold and airfilter.

Mitch didn't use bike tb's. he used jenveys with a standalone Ecu.

Going back to silver6 with the xu10 in the 205, the management system would be a hell of a lot less complex, firstly bein befor 2001 and the need for a cat. I can remember doing an Mi16 conversion in to my mates 205, no cat needed, but we run it on carbs. The lupos management system is a little more complex, and I doubt it will accept the modification without limiting you to 2000rpm.

I can remember there was a guy that run a rotrex charger on R1 tbs, standalone Ecu and it saw good results. Can't remember the username ATM.....

Mitch didn't use bike tb's. he used jenveys with a standalone Ecu.

Going back to silver6 with the xu10 in the 205, the management system would be a hell of a lot less complex, firstly bein befor 2001 and the need for a cat. I can remember doing an Mi16 conversion in to my mates 205, no cat needed, but we run it on carbs. The lupos management system is a little more complex, and I doubt it will accept the modification without limiting you to 2000rpm.

I can remember there was a guy that run a rotrex charger on R1 tbs, standalone Ecu and it saw good results. Can't remember the username ATM.....

I can imagine it is. CANbus is something i've not played with yet. I may have to at some point as the engine in this Lupo is on its last legs.

On a side note to this, and possibly tie it back into the thread; Is there a specific place (say, what you forum veterans would push me towards) to get remaps done?

Sorry to the OP for the thread hijack

Yes Mr. Pieface.

Chipwizzards in Rotherham do the MM 1AP.10 ECU's for Peugeots. I was wondering if there is such a place that does the VW ones? Like, a place that everyone recommends...

• 3 years later...