2001 Lupo GTI - £2500 ONO - Birmingham

garethlloyd

The time has come to sell my 2001 Lupo GTI. I’ve owned it for about a year and it’s been a great little car.

It’s covered just over 115k and has service stamps up to 94k with the last service by myself in March this year.

The car benefits from having both air conditioning which still blows icy cold and a 6-speed gearbox. It is lowered on FK coilovers but will also come with the original GTI suspension, should you wish to change. At this ride height I have had 4 people in the car with no scrapes.

The interior is clean and tidy with no rips, tears or cigarette burns to the seats or headlining.

2 months ago I replaced the alternator with a remanufactured unit from GSF, this also comes with a 2 year warranty.

The car has 12 months MOT. It failed on a steering rack tie rod and headlamp aim. Both of which have been sorted. As retested, it passed with no advisories and comes with a new style MOT slip. It also comes with tax until the end of November.

On purchasing the car I fitted 2 brand new Toyo 15/195/45 T1R’s to the front and these are still virtually brand new. The rear tyres have around 3mm tread. The profile is the same, I am unsure of the make.

The price is £2500ono.

Obviously this is quite cheap for a GTI, especially a 6 speed with aircon. There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is I have already sorted its replacement so it needs to go. Secondly. There are a few minor niggles with the car. A weekend’s work would see it perfect. I’ve driven this every day and it’s been faultless and would continue to use it but should list the faults as to not miss lead anyone.

Drivers side window is a bit lame, ideally needs a new motor

It doesn’t have a GTI bonnet, just a stock black one.

Door cards are loose but come with brand new clips to replace

Plastic engine cover is cracked

Starter squeals

Airbag light stays on

Engine coolant light stays on (engine stays at a steady 90 degrees so I think it’s the sensor)

Few stone chips on the nearside rear wheel arch that have gone through the paint

Apart from these items it’s a reliable good car. It handles well and goes as expected. Please feel free to email gazlar53@gmail.com or call 07725172826 if you are interested. Car is located in Birmingham

Sorry about the poor pictures, even with a DSLR my camera skills are poor!

Regards,

Gareth

DSC02565.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02567.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02569.jpg