gti's definatly need coilovers

alexscotty

ive got a lupo gti sat on springs atm.

and coming from a corsa sat on springs i think the handling and body roll is terrible.

sharp corners it handles fine body roll is a big issue but on the more open corners i seem to try and put power down or go on the brakes and it just squirms and looses alot of grip.

i thought they would be great fun on just standard suspension but apparently i was wrong

anyone else feel the same or have different views ??

Cheers

Good tip, dont brake in corners it unsettles the car, maybe a set of coilovers and some driver courses (thats not me being a cock) at a race track, they can improve your driving ability ten fold.

Meaby you have a problem with your car, as I have a standard GTi and as long as I am smooth in the corners it is very very nice and handles a treat. At some point I will be going for a rear arb and some uprated sports suspension which is what i'm after but not coil'es as they are way to bouncy for my mature taste.

Are your bush'es all nice and tight on the sussy arm's as if they are past there best then your handling goes down the toilet.