Koop's Loops

Koop

I've just had a very good quote on a front end respray & flat/polish on the rest to get rid of the orange peel. Might be keeping the Lupo after all...

• 3 weeks later...

Well bit of a disaster re. Tatton Park yesterday, never made it as I had no sleep on Friday night so there was no way I was going to get everything ready in time on the Saturday. Got me dash bits painted in the week though so they'll get fitted soon if they look ok after a good polish. Ordered a set of 30mm adaptors for the rear so the 20s will go on the front & I can get rid of the dodgy short bolts (not to mention the bloody space saver!) Should be nice & flush. Probably need to roll the arches. Remains to be seen if I can be bothered :lol:

Still undecided on whether I'm going to keep it beyond this year; if I do it's going to get expensive as I'll want a new engine & a respray. Hmmmm.

Well the decision has been made for me I think, there's a bloody lovely Mk2 round the corner from me that always makes me jizz in my pants when I'm walking the dog & it's now for sale. Want want want. Who wants a Lupo?

GTI 8v, black, ATS cups, lovely red & black leather interior: trés Koop :wub:

• Like 1

Went to see the Golf yesterday, add a full scorpion stainless system to the spec list. Had her running & she sounds lurvely :wub:

Soooo after deciding to get rid...I put the new adaptors on, and holy perfect fitment batman I'm in love again :lol:

30mm rears/20mm fronts now so final ET of 8 rear/18 front.

IMAG2243_zps2cac045b.jpg

IMAG2244_zps1be374f8.jpg

Took her for a well needed wash

IMAG2247_zpsed1bdbfd.jpg

IMAG2248_zpsdd7b9846.jpg

IMAG2249_zps2a3523a5.jpg

Oh and she scrubs like a bitch at the rear now, but god damn it looks good. Gonna have to stick the adjuster rings back in I think :(

Edited by Koop

If a grand & a half falls out of the sky in my vicinity, I'm on it.

Seems not. Mrs Koop's just bought a black Mk5 from up the road so it seems only right I should get a black Mk2 from round the corner too - his 'n' hers black Golfs!

Oh I got one of me shiny vents in. Still trying to get it finished while I'm trying to sell it lol

IMAG2251_zps67870995.jpg

And took some pics...

IMAG2258_zps409afe74.jpg

IMAG2263_zps8de92782.jpg

IMAG2264_zpsc57f9205.jpg

Actually is my Golf it looks like, fella says I can give him a deposit to secure it while I flog the Loop woohoo :thumbup:

goody. checked for rust?

reach up into where the bonnet hinges are and check its all good.

check where the seat runners are and just behind them in the passenger section is not crispy.

pull back the rear turret carpet etc check for nastiness there.

and underneath there should be lines of bungs on the inner sill, make sure those bung holes are SOLID.

also if there's like mushroom/doughnut things at the front put your fingers in there and check they are not rusty.

sounds thorough but that's not far of the mileage of mine so could hide some naughty.

i just had a walk around mine on the ramps, no touchy, as it all looked good.. slathered with underseal..

not bad though, looks tidy

The bra's hiding a nasty scratch & there's a wee bubble under the window sill but otherwise it looks pretty bang on.

That golf is pretty Rapey Koop. Proud of you.

Rich may even forgive you....

Although I don't even think his forgiveness will make that kick in the nuts go away

Maybe if he hears its rapey purr.

The Golf fund has begun, sold the cambridges & wind deflectors last night. It's that sad sad time when my loop starts looking progressively crapper until it's sold *sigh*