Koop's Loops

Koop

Got me Trimfix through today so retrim can begin :D

Also been after a Mk2 GTI glovebox 16v badge like this...

$%28KGrHqZ,!lIFDw6%28!7hgBRIlm+Toug~~60_

but they're rocking horse poop so I got this instead...

IMAG2010_zps08921f93.jpg

...which I'm going to stick on the dash. Needs a bit of touching up so I'll probably re-do the red as flash red.

• Like 1

Polo's in for the zorst, trusting Mrs Koop with the Loop on her own for the first time today :sweating: May the Force be with her.

Brake light switch ordered, peeps keep saying it's a piece of piss so I'm gonna have a crack meself.

Well I've been busy...

IMAG2015_zps2f83ee00.jpg

Totally looks better with the VW centre caps. Couldn't find em, bought some more :lol:

Mrs Koop's 6n2...to avoid buying a new cat that would have cost me an extra 100 quid & died in a year or so they cut round the existing cat & welded in a flexi section off a Focus or something

IMAG2014_zpsbd4c1393.jpg

Beautiful bit of welding. She's running lovely now :D

Interior's been stripped for retrim. If you're thinking of getting some of these leather handle covers, be aware that if your handles are painted, they will destroy them:

IMAG2019_zps62792481.jpg

:doh:

Rear cards are done

IMAG2021_zps2722c908.jpg

Looks a bit pink, it's really not my camera is just terrible.

Centre console out for painting

IMAG2023_zpsf9bcf778.jpg

Dog-chewed console in along with swanky new stezzer

IMAG2028_zps0c8b3a6e.jpg

IMAG2034_zpsdecfedd7.jpg

Found the settings...

IMAG2046_zps77f769ae.jpg

Moar red!

IMAG2047_zps9211e29e.jpg

Sweet.

Inner binnacle painted & mocked up with unpainted outer

IMAG2049_zpse54456c9.jpg

It's had another few coats of flash red since.

Various bits sanded with 180 grit dry then 180 wet, then 280 wet. Gonna do em again with 400 wet before primer, that should do em.

IMAG2055_zpsfb258a78.jpg

Complete with cat's arse.

A selection of dubs from a barbie round a mate's on saturday...

IMAG2037_zps4c7b9410.jpg

IMAG2036_zps12195618.jpg

And finally...drum roll please...

IMAG2056_zps6368add4.jpg

FINALLY! My wheel bolts have at last arrived so the new wheels will be on this weekend :clap:

Took me coin tray apart & cut (very roughly for now) a couple of notches out in the back of the drawer

IMAG2065_zps624ffebf.jpg

USB cable from back of head unit

IMAG2062_zps0a37234e.jpg

Had to think about this for a minute :lol: cable routed all the way through

IMAG2066_zps2ba512b1.jpg

Got it back together & I'll have to make the notch bigger as it's not very springy due to the cable fouling the top of the drawer unit.

USB stealth tray though, quite impressed with meself :D

I'll see if it works later :lol:

Well it's sort of working...

IMAG2067_zps262f4194.jpg

It's very tight, probably have to do away with that wee rubber cover as well as making the notch for the cable bigger.

More of a worry is the fact the bloody head unit won't turn on now. Sigh :rolleyes:

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't got a clue what I'm doing though, first time I've ever fitted an aftermarket head unit!

It was a fuse! Working again but something's blown it so I'll have a go at any loose wires with some electrical tape & see how we go.

Sanded the bejesus out of the notches to make a bit more room

IMAG2068_zps2fcb65bc.jpg

Cable was getting jammed between the drawer unit & the bottom of the head unit so I moved this little bit of foam down & made another notch

IMAG2069_zps37b122ea.jpg

Much neater, I'm getting better at this :lol: I'll give it a go in a bit. I've had the USB hooked up & it charges me phone but it's only reading the couple of photos that's saved on the phone itself atm, it hasn't managed to find the masses of music on the mini SD card. Getting there though lol

Install...

IMAG2070_zps5c9af6c5.jpg

..complete!

IMAG2074_zps991c82ca.jpg

:D

It still refuses to find the memory card in my phone but I can just keep a flash drive in the drawer with lots of tunes on. Toidy.

So here we are...bit of a story behind these rims, saw them on ebay ages ago - when I had the first Loop I think - & fell in love but didn't have any dorrar. Then they turned up on here in the hands of madmanncfc & I told him to let me know when he got bored of them. Well they never made it onto his car & he sold them to me :D Apparently he'd got them from club polo, having seen them on ebay the same time as me but they'd gone for too much then they came up for the right price on CP being sold by the guy that got them from ebay.

When I got them I found they weren't in the best state, though as far as I can see they have never been on a car since they were painted despite having been through at least 3 owners that I know of! The only pics I'd seen were the original ebay ones & obviously they've been transported & stored various times since then :doh: Still, they are pretty tasty. Anyway, pics...

Wheel 1 on

IMAG2077_zps97504791.jpg

IMAG2078_zps543c5bec.jpg

Yeah, need moar lows. Forgot to order a c spanner :doh:

Some pics of the adaptor fitting process:

Hub & adaptor (they were 2nd hand) scrubbed with a wire brush to ensure they sit nice & flush

IMAG2080_zps61597d4e.jpg

Thin layer of copper grease on the hub - to make sure I can get it off again when I come to change wheels again!

IMAG2081_zps1887aaba.jpg

Adaptor onto hub, 3 small bolts through, blob of grease, again to ensure I can get the buggers out!

IMAG2084_zpsc6121041.jpg

All done

IMAG2085_zpse11fe272.jpg

And finally wheel on, starting with the extra long bolt through wheel, adaptor & hub

IMAG2086_zpse074ef65.jpg

That's 3 done

IMAG2088_zpsc8601dd2.jpg

And that's 4:

IMAG2091_zps76d8387e.jpg

Went for a test drive...

IMAG2092_zps749ec2a3.jpg

Still have less arch gap than this A3 sport :P

Back home, centre caps on

IMAG2094_zps8c1b18e9.jpg

IMAG2095_zpsee7a4e56.jpg

God these pictures have suffered terribly from their MS paint resizing :( Luckily there's more.

It got cleaned! It's been filthy lately as it's very much a work in progress with door cards & interior plastics missing or dog chewed :lol:

IMAG2098_zps6509267f.jpg

Man that's pretty toss too, I might just have to upload the full size ones :rolleyes:

Anyway went to pick up our kid for an editing session, his red door compliments the loop rather well I feel ;)

IMAG2099_zps24fdb26b.jpg

IMAG2099_zps24fdb26b.jpg

And that's yer lot. Also got some bits of painting done...

IMAG2102_zps7dcdafa6.jpg

Thought I'd carry on using red primer as that what I used on the side vents, thought there might be a possibility of the colour coming out barely perceptibly different if I used grey, and that would just annoy me :lol:

Another door card about done, just needs scotchgard.

IMAG2103_zpsadda8bb4.jpg

Cheers for the comments guys means a lot :D

The loop has started to turn heads again, not so much as with the whitewalled or stickerbombed rims but we'll get there with some more lows I reckon :thumbsup:

Well last night consisted largely of surprise new seats! Picked up a set of GTI fronts, they were local & cheap so I thought I'd give em a go.

Door card got destroyed in the process so I'll have to retrim it again :rolleyes:

IMAG2112_zpsa911efdf.jpg

Ah well.

I'm not sure about the grey but I love the red stitching

IMAG2114_zps91b0c551.jpg

IMAG2116_zps4fd3ed23.jpg

Back on the loop hoops now, cos this shit ain't gonna fly...

IMAG2115_zps3cec166c.jpg

Forgot how much I hate them :(

IMAG2123_zps059ea410.jpg

They do look good though. Driver's bolster's a bit knackered as you can see, apparently the previous owner (to the guy I got them off) was a fat lovely person* :lol: They're pretty comfy but the Mk4 seats are more supportive, I've found I have to be lying down to get comfortable in these. I'll see how we go for a bit & depending how my back copes I may get rears to match or sell these on.

While I was at it this has been annoying me

IMAG2118_zps5869fce5.jpg

Hasn't sat flush since the steering wheel was changed so I unbolted & refitting the cowling

IMAG2121_zps563045dd.jpg

Much better :D

IMAG2122_zps112e88c6.jpg

It's still not perfect, think they probably broke a couple of the clips getting it off. They didn't charge me though so I can't complain really! And it looks ok now I reckon :)

Koop out.

*[edit] nice bit of swear filtering there

Edited by Koop

Cheers mate, & this coming from the king of OEM+ ;) Yeah moar lows needed asap, mate was supposed to be finding me a c spanner but I haven't heard from him I'll have to give him a poke. Or pikey it with a hammer & a pointy thing :lol:

Nah Cheshire, I posted on the CL north west page on the facebook but no one's volunteered yet :(

Dibs have been invoked :lol: Talk to me after the summer, unless I sell the car with them on.