Koop's Loops

Koop

yeah koop, whens the lows gonna be here? i'll be low again before you do at this rate!! ;) ;) ;)

Soon, should have coilies by the end of the week then it's just getting the buggers on!

getting 'em on is the easy bit.. getting them off when they break after theyve been on for years.. now thats the tricky bit!

I plan on doing the full winter mode bit, whip em off & grease em up and back on 16s & standard shocks til spring :thumbsup:

haha! Good idea ;) keeping lows on for the MOT or not? :P

MOT will be march so they'll probably still be off. Toying with the idea of keeping me 40mm springs for winter mode lows ;)

Had a card off royal mail when I got home & made it to the delivery office with seconds to spare to find my new air filter from Awesome :D Not a moment too soon it seems as the old one was disgusting!

So the salt & filth don't rot 'em!

Speaking of coilovers...they have arrived :thumbup: Fitting Monday, gonna finish off the wheels this weekend so I can drop it straight on the 15s :D

Also got me de-lock kit for the passenger door today, gonna pace myself & fit that & the no. plate surrounds at some point later in the month, wait til I get the itch to mod again :lol:

In other news I asked my local garage for local people to quote me on replacing the steering rack & he asked what was up with it, told him just a bit of play in the steering wheel & he says who's told you to replace the rack? (thanks again Crewe Seat) he's gonna suss it out this arvo (didn't get round to doing the window motor yesterday so it's back in today) but he reckons it'll just need the joints replacing. Luckily as I have an entire steering rack I should have any bits required so not a total wasted purchase :lol: Fingers crossed it can be sorted without having to replace the rack which according to the fella I got it off involves dropping the subframe so it'd be a massive - hence expensive - pain in the arse.

Edited by Koop

You not joining the 16" incher coilover brotherhood then Koop??

Was thinking of some more custom vinyls - "16 inches when lowered - not so much OME+ as OMG+!!!" :roflmao:

Edited by Joti

:lol: No not just yet mate, maybe in winter mode if I cba taking the coilies off haha Or indeed if I get bored of my silly wheels...though I should have some more by then ;)

noob question alert: what sorta grease? Copaslip?

copper grease, its like £5 a big tub in halfords. i took everything off the strut, cleaned it all (obv remember which order it all goes on/ do one at a time) then grease the insides of the threads. then put your adjusters and springs back on :) don't get it on your clothes!

Bought the wrong window motor ffs what a bellend. So elated & so gutted in the same day :rolleyes: fml.

what motor you get koop? if its passenger one i dibs it!

what motor you get koop? if its passenger one i dibs it!

Yeah it's passenger side but it's a 2 pin connector & I've got a big fancy plug cos i've got one touch jobbies :(

oh, i'll have to check mine, my passenger ones broke and need to get it sorted :( how do i check?

Yours is an S isnit, I believe they all had one touch windows.

Spot the difference...

loop2_16.jpg

:thumbsup:

Probably had them on since the day I got it :lol:;)

so koop, whos doing ya suspension? :D