Koop's Loops

Koop

Not so sure about the aerial now the boot's looking smoother, might even go shark fin hmmm looking at this on the bay

!CElr(-QBmk~$(KGrHqV,!mEE1GCTmy!OBNS(g6Fv)Q~~0_12.JPG

Or there's the 16" Golf jobby

$(KGrHqJ,!poE9mBB)rFOBP,vJk!DF!~~60_12.JPG

Or exactly the same as the one that fell off but in red

$(KGrHqN,!qsE88gcHj3HBPSlz8t!5g~~60_12.JPG

Would seem the cheaper option but the rubber seal at the bottom of the aerial base has perished to the point of being non existent so I'd need a new base too.

Also going off the all red VW badge, it was right for the S with the red wheels an that but I'm not feeling it on the sport so I'm going to paint the face black at some point, keeping the red inside bits. Should look much more subtle.

Edited by Koop

Get a big massive CB antenna and put a little flag on the top. :yes:

would be like a dodgem in a multistory car park aha

When you figure out how to remove the antenna base do a little tutorial? i need to change mine sometime and don't wanna just tug it off!

Aye can do :)

Yet another lunchtime mod lol saw a thread last week about aero wipers not contacting the window properly & suggestions of bending them into submission, well this was the very reason I replaced the aeros on the S & I still had them in the loft so dug them out, gave them a good clean (just hot water & washing up liquid) & stuck them on the Sport. Bit of bending this way & that and they're working fine, winner :D

IMAG0696.jpg

That's what I'm thinking. Think I'm going to have a go at trimming me door cards, been looking at vintage fabrics :shifty:

They are nice tbf hmmm...

Just measured me door cards & the vast majority of the material I was looking at isn't wide enough, wanted to go vintage but looks like it might not be happening :(

So I got fed up of the beads of rain rolling off my nice polished roof straight in my window when driving home at lunch....

IMAG0702.jpg

So I now have one wind deflector :lol:

Having a bit of a mare choosing retrim fabric, I emailed some choices to Mrs Koop asking for her input but she ain't biting :( Decided to do the headliner to match now :shades:

Wee update, quick spot of debadging

IMAG0708.jpg

Still needs a bit more cleaning up, you can just about see a couple of tiny smudges of gunk left. Going to do the Lupo badge too, and try to resist the temptation to make it say 'Loop' like the last one :lol:

Ordered fabric for door card/headliner retrim at the weekend too

$(KGrHqRHJBwE7y2kp7j+BPEyR71!gQ~~60_12.JPG

Vintage Japanese homespun cotton :D Will be a pain as it won't have a lot of stretch but by god it's beautiful.

Been a busy bee since i finished work...first pulled me Lupo badge off & got a quick snap next to mate from work's 6n

IMAG0718.jpg

Then whipped out the lighter fluid & polish when I got back home & tidied up the gunk

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0721.jpg

Not perfect yet but I like it :D

Also primed my interior door handles, the rubbery coating was peeling off & I took them off to smooth em down but thought why not colour code em while I'm at it

IMAG0722.jpg

Edited by Koop

So I got fed up of the beads of rain rolling off my nice polished roof straight in my window when driving home at lunch....

IMAG0702.jpg

So I now have one wind deflector :lol:

Don't kid yourself. They are called wind deflectors not rain deflectors.

Water will still drip into your open window.

:yes:

It improved the situation dramatically tbf, though both windows have now stopped working so it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard now :lol:

Few colour coats done on door handles

IMAG0723.jpg

It's a bit rough as I only waited until the primer was touch dry & I did it in the garden so loads of bits of dust & crap stuck to em, so I'll give em a rub down & final coat tonight then lacquer up tomorrow.

Just been looking at my exhaust, she's a bit smoky at high revs so I've had a deep foreboding that the oil seals need replacing, however the crap that's being deposited on the exhaust looks more like carbon than oil...

IMAG0726.jpg

...so I'm getting some carb cleaner later so I can have a go at cleaning the EGR valve & even the throttle bodies if I'm feeling adventurous :lol:

I suppose the carbon deposts could always be from burnt oil & could still need new seals anyway, worth a crack though eh!

Few colour coats done on door handles

IMAG0723.jpg

It's a bit rough as I only waited until the primer was touch dry & I did it in the garden so loads of bits of dust & crap stuck to em, so I'll give em a rub down & final coat tonight then lacquer up tomorrow.

Just been looking at my exhaust, she's a bit smoky at high revs so I've had a deep foreboding that the oil seals need replacing, however the crap that's being deposited on the exhaust looks more like carbon than oil...

IMAG0726.jpg

...so I'm getting some carb cleaner later so I can have a go at cleaning the EGR valve & even the throttle bodies if I'm feeling adventurous :lol:

I suppose the carbon deposts could always be from burnt oil & could still need new seals anyway, worth a crack though eh!

Let me know how you get on with that Koop, my sport seems to be spewing carbon deposits out the back all the time, get spots of it all over the bootlid :( Sometimes smokes on startup as well

Been a busy bee since i finished work...first pulled me Lupo badge off & got a quick snap next to mate from work's 6n2

IMAG0718.jpg

Sorry to be picky, but it will bug me...

Its a Polo 6n... not a 6n2. (had to say :P)

wooow still gong strong koop.. looks wickked atm mate.. btw what size gromits do you need for de-wipering the boot lid? re-trimming the headling in that japenese fabric will look awesome mate, you still got the red door cards in? keep up the good work anyways mate and keep on posting pics, looks brilliant :D

Cheers mate :D You need a 25mm blanking grommet £1.79 from Halfrauds. Yeah still got the red door cards in, James827's after em so looks like we'll be swapping & I'll do the retrim over his grey ones.

Oh and speaking of halfrauds they want 7 quid for a can of carb cleaner, ebay it is then :lol:

Edited by Koop

Cheers mate :D You need a 25mm blanking grommet £1.79 from Halfrauds. Yeah still got the red door cards in, James827's after em so looks like we'll be swapping & I'll do the retrim over his grey ones.

Oh and speaking of halfrauds they want 7 quid for a can of carb cleaner, ebay it is then :lol:

thanks for that, means i will be de wipering this weekend :)... yeah sounds like a good idea mate then they will match the headlining too :)... £7 wooow, arent they just ridiculous...