Project Newbie!

JordanVW

hi, im jordan.. :D

im new to clublupo...go easy on me please! haha

usually go onto swdubs but got pointed this way from a few people..!!

picked up my new-ish lupo sport today :D i got it at pretty good bargain from a dealer who got it under part-ex...

theres a few things wrong that need sorting, but should be a fun little project and a nice base car!!!

decided to play around with what i had laying around.. :)

debadge before:

307739_10150323005342172_644077171_8450908_692097745_n.jpg

after

IMG_0058.jpg

then i decided i wanted all black badges on the rear, so i took that off

before:

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

after (f*cked it up and need to do it again) :thumbdown:

IMG_0075.jpg

then i was 50/50 about doing the front, took off the grille.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

decided agaisnt it for now.

IMG_0064.jpg

decided to give the boot lid a quick tcut and wax :)..was getting too late to do the whole car.

(ino gromet on the rear due to halfrauds being crap and being sold out) :thumbdown:

going into town tomorrow so i can pick one up hopefully!

IMG_0075.jpg

thats it for now, payday tomorrow!!!! :mrgreen:

got a few things on order from ebay (pressed plates, stubby aerial, black rear mirror, wind deflectors, light tint kit (thanks ashcroft), new front lights and indicators...possibly some other stuff, but not sure yet).. needs new wing mirrors as the previous gammon crashed into a wall and wrote off the originals and decided to fit M3 ones instead... not sure when ill be able to fit it all as i work fulltime and the nights are getting darker everyday... but updates as i go :mrgreen:

also, the passenger door wont open? ive had the door card off and i cant seem to locate the reason as to why...the elec window still works and there is leverage on the lock cable but the door wont unlock/ open. does anybody know what this problem is/ know how to fix it? :wtf:

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes the cable from the handle to lock is too tight, you can use a screwdriver to push the lockpart that the little cable attatches to away from handle so cable would go tighter then lock and unlock by button and see if door opens, this happened to me after i fitted new lock and fitted with no slack in little cable if that makes sense.

George

so i decided to give jasper (yes ive named her) a clean today along with the help of chris.

heres a few pics i got during and a few days before..fitted a few stickers for fitment today, not sure if theyll be staying.

also my pressed plates have been ordered from dubmeister and should be here mid next week :)

just little things this month...(skint)

(pic heavy)

chris hard at work...

IMG_0093.jpg

after a good old polish, wax.. and a little detail (crap iphone quality)

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

coilies will be here soon :(

IMG_1344.jpg

then a few poser shots :lol:

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

new stereo fitted :)

IMG_1358.jpg

im gonna leave you with my fav shot..for now.

IMG_1361.jpg

Right, ive got a little bit of an update from today...nothing major.

My coilovers should be here midnext week!! woooo, cant wait :clap:

...but its just the little things for now i suppose.

I didnt really do much today, was meant to go to the exeter meet...but i thought it was tomorrow (sunday) :thumbdown::lol:

Soooooo i made good use of my time and thought i would play around with a few things i received off ebay.

Fitted my wind deflectors 8-)

IMG_0130.jpg

Then on went the stubby aerial...(sent the wrong fitment)

IMG_0133.jpg

Started with the headlight tint, bought this crappy spray stuff off ebay as an experiment.

heres before:

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

during

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

and then finally, after!...i really like how it turned out

IMG_0137.jpg

now one for the haters.

IMG_0136.jpg

coilovers have been ordered and dispatched on ebay... another update in the week. :wave:

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good man. Great photos of the process. I was thinking about doing a few of these myself so it really helps. Was is easy enough to get the plastic strips off the exterior doors? That's first on the list for me I think.

Update:

fitted my coilies a few weeks ago :mrgreen:

i think i got a bit to engrossed in what i was doing and forgot to take progress pics!! oops :silent:

anyway, i think ill let the pictures do the talking... the fronts had helpers taken out and wound down pretty much all the way, theres a little bit of rubbing. nothing too serious though, if it starts getting on my nerves ill consider winding a few mm for clearance.

not entirely happy with how the rear turned out, i would of liked to go possibly another 10-15mm lower.. hopefully when the shocks and springs settle in (hard as hell atm) the ride will drop down a little bit.

also fitted my new pressed plates today :thumbup:

weymouth meet tomorrow. if your going, come say hi :)

Next on the list....WHEELS! :crazy:

before:

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

during:

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

after:

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

it doesnt look all that great in pictures, it has to been seen in person to appreciate :)

the back is wound down more now... just been slacking and not updating this thread/ taking pics lol

whats up with the drivers mirror? haha kept catching my eye

Looks like 1 M3 mirror & 1 standard, that's thinking outside the box right there

whats up with the drivers mirror? haha kept catching my eye

have you taken the adjusters out of the rear?

thats not as low as the front will go by the way ;)

looking good though

haha yeah i know, the adjuster caps will be coming out tomorrow :)

Looks like 1 M3 mirror & 1 standard, that's thinking outside the box right there

yeah i bought it like this, the previous owner did it.. new ones soon :)

Edited by JordanVW

managed to sort out the rears today

before:

lolol.jpg

after:

IMG_0308.jpg

I know im reverse raking, spent too long messing around with the ride height and got pissed off.

this is as close as ill get to being level for today... new wheels will be ordered on monday.

maybe even some cheeky spacers :silent:

UPDATE: 27.11.11

Right, ran into a few financial difficulties this month which means i cant afford new rimmage the moment :thumbdown:

I know i wanted to change the image of the car, but wasnt sure how i wanted to change it?!

The most obvious choice here was "murder".. so went and bought a few spray cans to test the water.

Im not 100% yet, but after letting my sisters boyfriend drive it so i could see it moving. im starting to like it the more i see it!!

heres a few pictures - if i decided to keep, ill be going full out murder :thumbup:

Lemme know your opinions as always!

6411959597_83022d589e.jpg

Lupo Sport by JordanRoberts

6411955595_b7ce925ae6.jpg

**** photo, but this is how she currently looks!

6411964905_c6dd1f2006.jpg