Going to Buy a Lupo: Advice.

Moosic

Cheers for uploading that photo pete, yeah it's pretty much the same as i want to achieve. Your wheels are the standard ones that come with the se right?

Wouldn't mind you uploading one with the fullreiger kit on also mate.

I take it you have 40mm springs with konis shocks or just springs on standard shocks?

Edited by Moosic

Just noticed this thread. I have got a se in black. The orignal wheels are 14" 6J. I run mine on 185/60 is the standard size for those types of wheels. One thing you should check is how old the tyres are as the orignal tyres eco continentals which are not produced anymore. The rating for this now is a h rating.

Cheera Pete, will look forward to seeing it.

What brand of spring you got on there?

Just looked at the tyres -

185/85r14, two firestones on front, eco continentals on back.

Is that a problem tho?

Edited by Moosic

They're konis:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Suspension/Lowering_Springs/Koni_Lowered_Sport_Spring_Kit/337/0/75337/45209

Your tyre size wont be a problem mate. The only difference between his and yours is the profile and theres quite a lot of arch gap after the 40mm drop so no need to worry :)

Think about it like this...

Original shocks plus your aftermarket springs VS New full aftermarket coilovers with new springs included...

I know which Id prefer tbh ;)

Those who say "the ride's terrible", what are they comparing it too exactly? Original shocks plus aftermarket springs?? Doubtful mate. Theyd be comparing it to the top of the range ones....

Just sayin'

Definitive coilover thread - "PhilJ / Ta - Technix :-These retail for around £200 and are probably the cheapest coilovers you can buy. If you know what you are getting with this kit they aren't a bad deal but if you are after performance and ride quality this isn't the kit for you. The kit is quite hard and bouncy, in the sense that you hit a bump and the suspension doesn't smooth it out for you, your left to feel what you just ran over. Sometimes you can hit something and it'll tense up the seat belts." The springs on my car with standard shockies feel smooth and I wouldnt say it was bouncy. I appreciate i've not actually tried them but going by people i've spoke to and reading threads like these I get the impression that you'll get better performance from buying £130 lowering springs than buying budget coilies at £200...

Edited by peterfearn

if i were you, id buy coilovers, even the cheap ones at 200!. Lowered 30 mm on coilovers wont affect the ride much, im running mine reasonably low, and raised it the other day and the ride comfort increased massively, plus when it comes to selling them, alot more people are guna want coilovers opposed to springs :/

Bad news, just drove the loop to work... Two lights came on, one EPC and what looks to be a engine with a check warning light!

Seemed to drive ok tho.. Any ideas or can anyone reccommend a decent fault reader?

Edited by Moosic

Lights have gone out now!

Getting it dropped by 30mm friday on a set of eibach's i picked up for just under £100.

Peter Fearn, couldn't upload some more photos of the front of your motor please mate?

I'm thinking of getting just the front bumper in a week so just wanted to get another look at a loop done with the reiger bumper on in fresco gree!

• 2 weeks later...