Breakers map

JoeA

Is there anyway we could setup a breakers map? i like the new breakers section but think if we could integrate it with google maps it would work much better. With people marking out their location/ location of breaking car and you could then select and browse whats near you. handy if you are after large body parts etc and want to pick up.

Yeah we should have a few :), there was also one for member location but it seems to have been lost so we could get one of them, if they were pinned at the top of the relevant forum they'd get used :) now we just wait for a mod and or matty b :)

Its a difficult thing to do. I'm still looking at integrating that "Classifieds" application, which would allow you to see things for sale that are near your location - this could potentially be useful, as you could narrow down breakers based on location - it wouldn't be a Google Map, but at least you could see who was, say, within 30 miles of you.

However, that app isn't really ideal for Breakers sales - mainly because of the volume of questions/updates required, its far more suitable to a forum layout. Don't think there is an 'ideal' solution to this!

Its a difficult thing to do. I'm still looking at integrating that "Classifieds" application, which would allow you to see things for sale that are near your location - this could potentially be useful, as you could narrow down breakers based on location - it wouldn't be a Google Map, but at least you could see who was, say, within 30 miles of you.

However, that app isn't really ideal for Breakers sales - mainly because of the volume of questions/updates required, its far more suitable to a forum layout. Don't think there is an 'ideal' solution to this!

All i can think is, embed that map in a thread then pin and lock it at the top of the breakers section.

Added the first one, with a brief description and link to their website.

If its ok with the Mods Ill do a seperate one to put recommended garages on?

:D