Help with Interior Wiring Loom work for Polo GTI Conversion

sam b

Hi People,

I've been completing this conversion on my 75 bhp Lupo over the past few weeks using a donor Polo Gti for parts.

So far I’ve been getting on really well, Brakes are on, engine is in and engine loom all plumbed in. The part I’m a little confused with is the interior loom as you might expect.

I see that in some posts on here you use the original lupo central locking wiring from my old loom and couple this together into the original polo gti interior loom, which I have started to strip down. The bit I’m struggling with is what exactly comes out and how this works in terms of electric windows and other features in the door like the speakers.

As far as I’m aware, I have to use the polo gti's key & ignition barrel. However how does this work in terms of central locking? If I have to use the wiring from my lupo its not remote locking. So would this mean I’d have to switch the door barrels out from the polo into my lupo? And I’m not sure this is even possible...

The other question is which loom is used to power the electric windows and other equipment in the doors; do I just take wiring for the central locking or for the whole door loom? Seems quite a complex job having started stripping the wires out the loom.

If anyone could help or clarify anything for me I’d massively appreciate it! I’m itching to get the car back on the road and this is the final stretch really!

Thanks, Sam

Quick photo of progress by the way... Forgot to mention I have elsawin if that will help me out

P9190205.jpg

Edited by sam b
  • Like 1

download autodata or vag com they should have all the wiring diagrams you need.

If its any help i put a vr6 lump in a ibiza. i kept the the interior loom seprate as much as i could, You should only need the chip out of the gti key for key code. should be pretty straight forward once you have diagrams.

other option auto electrician :) good luck mate

This wasnt just plug an play lol 4cly to a 6cyl the wireing on a vr6 came with everythink lighting/radio/window etc the ibiza had a separate lighting loom so i used as much as the standard loom as i could ie inputs (coolent temp/lamber/map,tps etc) then swaped ecu pin outs about witch kept the install neat etc

best bet to start in one area (i started on the starter circuit) an work you way though your soon get stuck in :)

tbh mate, wiring wise, there arent great diagrams out there,,

You better off doing the job properly & binning the car side of the loom, theres only 6 or so wires that come from the cabin of the lupo & go to the engine, they are lives, switch lives & earths,

trace & cut out all the ecu wiring from the lupo & solder & heatshring the polo ecu & loom into the lupo's loom, its quicker & easier,, if you keep the polo car & engine loom you'll have a headache of work with the speaker, central locking & lights, depending on the age's of the 2 cars concerned you may find as i did, most of the wires are the same or similar colours & all the clock loom should be the same colours too it was for us.

wiring took a day an half on sammy-jo's lupo an we where going slow

Edited by Dogbot

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

How did you end up getting it going? I'm putting a polo gti engine etc into a lupo 1.4 shell and the engine loom doesn't fully hook up to mine. I have 3 or 4 plugs left over. A beige one light blue one and a pink one. My lupo has no central locking