tappety engine after oil change....

Ok so the service was due, did the normal drain oil, change filter, fill with new oil (same make and grade that is always used) then on start up it has a noisy tappet. on idle it is tapping away, under revs it quietens down but at various revs it gets noisier.

It is a 1.4 16v Sport (100bhp) and was not making a noise before the oil change.

I'm guessing that the oil has drained out and for some reason it is taking it's time to get back around that particular tappet? The car has done over 200 miles and it has not sorted it's self out.

Any ideas boys and girls? It's anoying now as all that was done is a standard oil change :surprised:

Cheers.

have you checked there is enough in it? (not taking the mick!) if the dipstick had some old oil on it you may have misread it... just a though :)

If you have put the same oil in as you always do and the oil level is correct, take the car out and thrash it, if still tapping in a few days look into changing it, but I believe a good spanking will sort the little fella out.

George

Oil was spot on the level so should not be too much also know there was not too much for the same reason, no old stuff on the dip stick as I always pull the dipstick out, wipe it down the whole length, stick it back in then out and read it... always have done it like this :thumbsup:

I'll check what oil it is as it's not my car and I can't remember but it is 100% the same as it's been running for well over a year... Get back to you on that one.

As for the good thrashing to get the pressure up and about this is yet to be tried.... maybe it will be the answer so will have to give it a go.

Cheers guys, I don't think it is anything major just anoying when it was a simple oil change and now is a noisy engine :angry2: