Help with Lupo.

Lollipop

Hello everyone..

I've just got my first car (Lupo 1.0e), a week ago and i'm after some help/guidance.

So, Here is the onslaught of silly questions. Sorry.

• Will a GTI spoiler fit straight on, What's require if they don't.. And will it look stupid on a 1.0?

• Has anyone fitted a tow bar, And what did it tow like? As I need one to get my Motocross bike to races.

• Wheels. What size and offsets fit, And can anyone recommend any good looking wheels for around the £500 mark, Cheaper the better.

• Lowering, What sort of kits should i look out for, Any certain companies to go for or to avoid?

• Colour coded bumpers, Do i have to buy replacement ones and paint them to match or can i just paint them black ones?

There's more questions to be added as and when they come apparent haha.

Cheers in advance Lollipop.

GTI spoilers are hard to come by and I'm not 100% if you need to drill holes into your bootlid to fit or not

no idea on tow bar

best to go for 14-15s IMO as 13s are too small and 16s look too big, plenty of options for that price range just whatever you like

offsets 25-35 depending on width, tyres anything 45 profile

best mid range kits for everyday (non track) use would probably be FK silverlines or APs - both around the £400 mark, not worth getting cheap ones as the ride is unbearable, obviously you can get more expensive kits but since its a 1.0 you probably wont be flying around in it so dont need improved handling ;)

bumpers are fine to paint, no need to buy new ones, unless you want to keep them to put it back to standard for whatever reason.

''best to go for 14-15s IMO as 13s are too small and 16s look too big, plenty of options for that price range just whatever you like

offsets 25-35 depending on width, tyres anything 45 profile''

Can you recommend any wheels to look at?

FK silverlines are £470 from my local shop, Venom. Is there anywhere cheaper?

Can i paint the lowers tho? As i think they are textured from memory?

Yeah, go to the marketplace part of the forum, you'll find people selling wheels alot. The more you hang around the more you'll see certain wheel names pop up in conversation and so you'll get the jist for what's trendy..

There's a pinned thread that answer loadsa of condone questions, like what spoilers fit and how to fit the fog.lights etc...

On the spoiler thing... you might end up just forgetting about it. I was gonna go for it but when I seen the prices of them on eBay I decided id rather keep my £100.....

for towing, for a 1.4l lupo its 800Kg braked, 450kg unbraked, i wouldn't of thought a 1L you tow well, but if its just a bike im presume it will suffice, i;d say about 250-300kg towing weight for the 1l, also lowering and putting a tow bar would clash! the trailer will be on the piss!

I really don't know what to do! haha :(

I really really want it lowered... But i'll be towing my bike almost every weekend due to racing. I need to weight my bike and trailer.. I guess its around 300kg.

Would you say stay clear of lowering then? My trailer is quite low anyway, As its only on 10's lol.

And can i buy a tow bar off the shelf for it or will i have to get one modified to fit?