after a bit of help here fingers crossed this is the right section

blister

i recently bought a VW lupo 1999 it had a few bits and pieces needed doing such as the front wing needed painting and the doors and a few other things

i done the doors and the wing myself but had some work done by a third party such as undersealing, wheel painting, engine bay cleaning and painting and there was a few other cars that where in the body shop at the same time and the overspray on my car is terrible! ( i did get a discount to cover my cost to remove the overspray myself)

when i painted the doors it was a lovely sunny day! and after i locked the car up and went it...... very heavy rain started resulting in dimbles in my lacquer frown.gif

so my question is what would be my best bet to get a great finish from the cars paint work?

i have at my disposal

silverline polisher/buffer/sander

snow foam lance

cherry snow foam

meguiars paint cleaner

meguiars polish stage 1

meguiars caranabu wax

Metalic T cut

and thats about it but would like to add a few things to my inventory and would also like to find out a bit more about what pads and compounds i should be using with my silverline as i havent used it since i bought it

a few photos of the car (sorry about the picture quality)

there is also a photo in there before any work was carried out and i just put a good few hours worth of polishing in by hand and a bit of G3 compound with plenty of water

few photos http://blister.picturepush.com/album/175778/p-Lupo.html

Same thing happened to me mate, whole car apart from roof painted, lashed down with rain all night and day, paintwork destroyed, doors survived as were off and under gazebo in back yard, but because doors were off got some nice water stains on the seats too. .

Tryed cutting it with polisher but wasste of time really so I am just going to repaint it but this time in mates garage, prob wait till spring/summer now tho :angry2:

Flat the panels with 1500 grade on a random orbital sander (DA) to a nice flat finish making sure all imperfections are gone, then wet flat with 3000 grade also on the sander and then a good cutting compound with a firm pad (would recommend 3M products). Keep away from swedge lines and edges as the risk of burning through the paint is increased :unsure: If attempting this yourself, Please be careful. This is the routine we use at my work for paint imperfections and defects such as orange peel (better mention that im a paint sprayer :Angel: )

Do not attempt this if your not confident.

Scott

Edited by Scott_Thomson

all sorted now i am so happy with how it came out i will get photos tomorow morning! it looks so smooth! spent about 6 hours! wet and dry sanding! clay bar.... megs 4 stage polish and sealant! and a quick detail and stand back and smile!