1.4 TSI Manifold

Heyaxe

I guess nobody will know until they've tried it!

That'd be brilliant if it did fit though!

*edit* Just seen the pics! That looks remarkably similar! See if you can get your hands on one mate!

Edited by Cooper_GTI

That one is £251 including the turbo lol, but i would rather try and source a exhaust gasket as that would be much cheaper!

But ive been reading up on the VAG engines, and the 1.4 R4 TSI/TFSI seems to be an updated version of the old 1.4 FSI, which in turn is an update of the 1.4 AUB/BBZ/AFH engines. The cylinder spacing and sizes etc are the same on the n/a 1.4 and the TSI 1.4 which suggests that the exhaust ports would be the same distance between each other, therefore the manifold would use very similar patterns :)

But we won't know unless we try!

Edited by Heyaxe

It looks like it will fit however the last bolt hole on the new manifold has been moved closer to the port hole, but i don't think that would cause an issue as it would still bolt on. You can always cut and weld from the older 1.4 manifold to make it a perfect fit.

How would i go about buying one from VW?

Right!

Some good news for you all... They had the gasket in stock at the VW dealership which was lucky :) And only 5.45 too! You will be pleased to know that the new TSI shares the same port pattern and size:

TSIGasket.jpg

The only issue here is that the last bolt does not marry up to the previous engines, but i think that is VW tyring to stop us being adventurous! If this bothers you then you can easily chop and weld that little part anyroad. I am glad i got round to doing this :)

Imfomation came from the guys that work on the VW cup racing cars, so pretty sure its true which is why it surprises me that the bolt holes line up. I will ask them when I next speak to them.

Probably in your tiny Lupo but in the Ibiza it should snuggly fit :). Having said that, the turbo does appear to be minute.

Just found out also that VW manufactured a manifold for a turbo for the 16v R4 engines aswell, but it was for the international market and the engine was only a 1.0:

VWTurbo.png

Edited by Heyaxe

I think your turbo on the Sorroc is the same as whats on the Golf 1.4 TSI:

Untitled.png

^ I would imagine that would sit flush even in a lupo engine bay! That is what i want on my 1.4. It does look very small for a turbo i think :)

Edited by Heyaxe

I have the Twin charged lump in rocco. You cant tell when the turbo really comes on song due to the super charger as you would expect its very smooth power curve and very very tourqy, she does 2k to do 80mph in 6th. However there is a glitch in the fuel map at about 2k on part throttle. When it went in for a service it was remapped (by vw) its still there, but better.

This may well be a brilliant discovery.

If i can find a manifold/turbo cheap enough i'll have a go at sizing it up.

I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of room in the Lupo bay to fit it, even though it sits on top.

If it doesnt, i'll make a bonnet bulge!