Window Problem

Jambro

I've got a problem with the windows on my gti.

The drivers side window only goes up about half an inch before stopping. The passenger window goes all the way up and down, but is really slow for the top half on the way up and down.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I don't think its the motor as they wouldn't work at all? I could be wrong though..

when then windows are down, lock your car manually and hold the key in the locked position, if they go all the way up fine there is no problem with the motors.

The passenger goes all the way up, but the driver only goes up slightly

my windows open at different speeds to each other, guess ones more worn.

does it carry on whirring even when its stopped? take the door panels off on drivers side and have a peek for something obvious:)

Was this resolved as my Lupo passanger window doen't lower all of the way down and sometimes it has funny turns! will go up stop half way then go back down then up and very slow until it has gone all of the way up.. if you could post an update i would be most grateful :-) x

The passenger window now works perfectly all the way up and all the way down. But, the driver window still won't go any higher than a couple of inches from the bottom before getting stuck.

I've taken the door cards off and can't see anything obvious. Is there anything I should look out for?

The passenger window now works perfectly all the way up and all the way down. But, the driver window still won't go any higher than a couple of inches from the bottom before getting stuck.

I've taken the door cards off and can't see anything obvious. Is there anything I should look out for?

the windows are on mounts behind the rails that they move up and down on, you might not beable to see them but you can feel them, basically theyre really badly designed and might have popped off the mount as theyre simply slot onto the mounts and arent really fastened on with anything, my mates passenger side had done it on one side causing the window to go up on a slant and get stuck, and all you need to do is pop it back on and its fixed, at least his was

Edited by max West-York