'ello from a newbie!!

Sugarbug

'ello every1 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Think i'd better introduce myself wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm sugarbug .... and as u might have guessed from my name i'm into my aircooled veedubs ... BUT .... i am also into my watercooled too!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> mainly Lupo's and MK1 Golfs!

I'm jus about to finish my degree this summer and start my Masters and i need to get a new car to get me to and from uni :grin: sooooo ... anything french is a big NO NO lol VW is the only way to go and as i've always liked Lupo's i'm looking into buying one at the moment smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> not a brand new one tho cos i will only need it for a year :down: and as i'm a poor poor stoodent tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> i cant afford a `gt-aye`!!

I'd really love a 1.4 16v reflex silver or black Lupo ... but i guess for economy and money reasons i should also look into a 1l glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" /> sooo ......

any advice or help would be muchly appreciated!!! :grin:

Sugar x

HI and welcome to the forum.

I would say firstly dont discount the french - the product may be lower quality but they have heard of customer service unlike VW.

Lupobabe has a 1 and that is pretty cool.

Matty advertised a Mk1 gti a few months back - that would also be prettty good.

QUOTE(beer monsta)
I would say firstly dont discount the french - the product may be lower quality but they have heard of customer service unlike VW.

'ello smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oooh don't get me wrong on the french thing wasnt implying they were bad cars!! I have friends with french ... but they generally arent my cup of tea!!!

Hullo Superbug!

Welcome to the friendly world of the Lupo, hope you get all the help you need to decide you want a Gti biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hehehe, have fun!!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Welcome!

Used to own a bug meself - see my thread in readers rides. Top cars for lots of reasons - now I have my GTi biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd actually agree - if you want fuel economy go for a 1.4TDi, although if you're going for a new one and don't want too much of an initial outlay / heavy monthly payments then the 1L will probably work out cheaper. (All depends on how far you have to travel I s'pose).

Jeremy Clarkson (whatever your opinion of him might be) rates the 1.4TDi pretty highly - particularly the fuel consumption part.

'ello biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

wow :0 so many replies!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ta very much for the warm welcomes people... and the advice!

`Twisty-b`-road: i know what u mean about having the 'bug'

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> lol .... i was at edition 38 last year and saw two gorgeous lupo's parked up and they jus confirmed my opinion!!

Have u got a 1l Tigz??

Zippy - u don't know how much i would love a gti but 50 miles on the motorway 5 days a week for a year to and from uni on stoodent money :0 lol ... oh well another day perhaps!

SEAT .... i was thinking about TDI's too actually biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> jus gotta do my research!!

BossJohn .... .i like ure style wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> nice bug an lupo! And i actually quite like jeremy clarkson blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sugar x

Welcome aboard the board. Great bunch of folks. lots of useful info and all very helpful.

If you look up some of the latest santa pod type posts yo can see some of us. I am the one wearing the sheep.

(Thats bound to get a response)

jayson no sheep were harmed in the making of this post

awww i like ure sheep Ardent wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> lol

i'm afraid i cant show a photo cos it say's its gotta be a url?? ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />o:

Hey zippy!! Yeah it's only today that i've been seriously considerin the tdi .... went to a VW dealership today and all i got was this guy trying to desperately sell me a 1l he wanted to shift!! glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" /> still at least i got the brochure to look at :grin:

Sugar x

QUOTE(Sugarbug)
i'm 21 from Worcestershire ...

Hi Tess,

where bouts in worcs? Im from kidderminster and theres someone from stourport.

Id go for the 1.4 75bhp. Its 'nippy' but theres not a lot of insurance difference over a 1l and its still cheap to run.

max

QUOTE(loudlupo)
i'm 21 from Worcestershire ...

Hi Tess,

where bouts in worcs? Im from kidderminster and theres someone from stourport.

Id go for the 1.4 75bhp. Its 'nippy' but theres not a lot of insurance difference over a 1l and its still cheap to run.

max

'ello Loudlupo biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm from the ditch ..... aka Redditch!! I know where Kiddi is smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> not far from here!

Yeah i've been looking at the 1.4 Sport Tdi cos of economy etc etc ... but there doesn't seem to be any for sale!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />o:

So i dont know what prices the tdi's r going for (i want used!) ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Tigz: the 1lt is a strong contender if i cant find a used tdi for sale! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I already have a list as long as my arm of bit's i want blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I never realised till yesterday how much Schmidt TH line's r :oops:

Tess x