3 really loud beeps and flashing handbrake sign

changed my battery this morning. now every time i turn on the car the handbrake sign flashes and the car makes 3 really loud high pitch beeps! am i being stupid and have done something wrong ? thanks if anyone knows!!

:ph34r:

no, and even if i was to try and set off with it on before the noise came about, the light would stay solid and not make a noise.

infact im trying to remember if it actually did because i have never tried to set off with the handbrake on haha!

thanks mate. ill video it when i next get in my car and put it up!! thanks tho

yeah i did that the other day.. its got a problem in the abs pump i think. sorry i didnt know the 2 were linked. thanks.

You have an ABS fault.

You need to plug it into VAGCOM and get it diagnosed.

Well....

You might be right, although I thought this, swapped the ABS module and it made no difference. I think it's a power supply voltage issue to the ABS and ECU or an earthing fault on the ECU.

Mine hasn't come up for 12 months now for some reason, but the previous owner had the same problem when his old battery died. I don't know how the two things are related but they do seem to be. It will probably come back in the bad weather.

It has an ABS fault, something along the lines of ABS operation not working(lol) and an engine fault terminal 30 voltage too low intermittent?

I first encountered this in a GTI convo without ABS.

I then came across it in Kam's when we hadn't plugged in one ABS sensor, plugged it in, beeping and light went away.

We then met again in another GTI conversion without ABS.

If there's a fault, it flashes, hence saying VAGCOM to see what comes up. If it's a low voltage, voltmeter time !

changed my battery this morning. now every time i turn on the car the handbrake sign flashes and the car makes 3 really loud high pitch beeps! am i being stupid and have done something wrong ? thanks if anyone knows!!

I've got the same probelm after unplugging the battery and neatening up my conector block.

On top of my batter there was a conector block and 4 fuses on it, which has now been hidden away.

I asume the problem is that this block needs power?

The handbrake warning light and beep means the system is completely inactive doesn't it? I had an intermittent fault with an abs sensor so pulled the abs fuse till it was sorted which resulted in the handbrake light flashing and 3 beeps. Would say it is a power issue of a kind. Has the original poster solved their problem or have any updates??