Classic Beetle daily?

RossB

For a little while now I've had a mini obsession with classic Beetle's, think it all started on the way back from a day out in Weston-Super-Mare, I got overtaken by a sweet, low Beetle whilst in my GTI, we gave each other a wave on the way past etc, and I fell in love with the old Bug! Love the character, the noise etc!

So lately I've been looking around, only really interested in pre-'67's for the earlier looks, and for what my GTI is worth I think I could get a nice rot-free example.

I do love my GTI, it's a great car, I'd keep it and have a Beetle aswell but it's not an option as I can't afford it and have nowhere to keep a second car.

I wouldn't say I do a lot of miles, mainly for getting to work and back which is about a 6 mile round trip, and I do a bit of driving around on the weekends, just the usual stuff like driving to the shops, to the girlfriends house etc, nothing major!

Just after some opinions really from anyone who has experience with them or knows someone who has one?

Kent, really? Lol. Yes I had black Bathurst's, still got them, and also my TH Mono's used to be satin black.

I can always drag the old push bike out of the shed if need be, to get to work.

Edited by RossB

i have a 73 beetle and i use it daily, never broke down on me once. Once actually but that was just the fuel pin came out. Pushed it back in and off i went. I have taken it to cornwall for the past two years and it ran sweet as a nut, nearly a 850 mile round trip.