Joe's Soft Blue 1.4s + Flash Red Polo 6N2 GTi

Lupo-Joe

Loooked reallly nice at Dub Freeze Joe, been a busy boy over winter cleaning :thumbsup:

Engine bay is looking Spot on

Keep up the great work

Update Time:

So on the way home from dub freeze I had some issues selecting gears and it felt really stiff. Since then my gearbox has become very noisy in first and second gear. However when the clutch is engaged its perfectly quiet. This morning I did a service on the oil and swapped it for some lovely fresh oil. This did nothing and still sounds like a pig. I'm driving it as little as possible now and doubtful I will go to UD. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem could be??

Many thanks,

Joe

I did it with Trial and error as as on my SDI the only adjustment was Sliding a bolt back and fore, so just loosen move, nip up and test, repeat unitll everything good.

i havent ever googed it mind. but i know anything MK4 golf related is wrong for the Lupo.

6N stuff is the same!

Could be the clutch release bearing, mine sometimes makes a noise and the stop when the clutch was down, I was told by a garage it was the clutch release bearing!

Could be the clutch release bearing, mine sometimes makes a noise and the stop when the clutch was down, I was told by a garage it was the clutch release bearing!

Could be, mine when before and I fixed it. That was more a grinding noise when mine went. This sounds different and feels different. Will replace when I get the gear box out!

Joe

Right been speaking to a couple of friends of mine who are Mercedes techies. They both said to buy another second hand gear box. This will be my best option as I plan to sell up soon. Thus meanin I won't be travelling to Ultimate Dubs, however not got me down too much as I can Imogen all the cars there will be on air ride and 3SDM wheels :lol:

Life goes on...

Joe

• Like 1

Hey Joe, was good to see you at Dub Freeze. The Lupo is looking awesome, and i'm glad it seems to be a quick fix! We'll be rolling around in Audi's soon then ;)

Yeah good to see you. As hopefully the fix won't be too much hassle! And I might get an MX5 instead of Audi....

Will you forgive me :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Right so I we little update:

I've been speaking to a few people and they've said to start with the realise bearing even though it was changed just last year. So I went to VW and got a new one and goes in Saturday. I was also speaking to insurers and they said its going to cost me 2100£ to insure an mx5 even the 1.6. So I think the lupo will stay a bit longer unless someone wants to swap?

Onwards and upwards!

If you are changing the release bearing, do the clutch too :) its 3 more bolts and worth doing while the box is off, depends how tight your budget is but i picked up a sound clutch for £80 with the bearing. You doing it yourself?

Fair enough dude! Just something I always advice people on here who have dodgy release bearings as I know it's a pig of a job!

You venturing up north for any shows this year?

Fair enough dude! Just something I always advice people on here who have dodgy release bearings as I know it's a pig of a job!

You venturing up north for any shows this year?

Yeah I know about removing the box... Not fun. But on the plus side it gets a layer of paint when it's out :lol:

And depends what you call north :P I will be going early edition. Is that north enough?

Forgetting the car for a sec Joe, OMG how cool is that?!!? ----------------> ed7be32a393197d37e93822d962abd53_zps20bd :thumbsup:

Haha it's epic right. The guy who takes these pictures has an immense name!

Joe

Edited by Lupo-Joe