Joe's Soft Blue 1.4s + Flash Red Polo 6N2 GTi

Lupo-Joe

Right so time for a weekend update! Today i got the freshly painted engine mount on and at the same time i cleaned the 4 bolts that hold them in also. Im happy with the results i got from it! have a look...

Before:

EastHertfordshire-20111030-00263.jpg

EastHertfordshire-20111030-00265.jpg

and after...:

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

As some of you out there may notice i got to do the bottom part of the engine mount to do now as it lets the top down!!

I also Picked up my Golf Mk5 15inch wheel trims. I got them from ebay for £31.11, and think i got a good deal, no curbing on them :) heres a quick picture of one..

EastHertfordshire-20111030-00268.jpg

Just need to do a bit of cleaning on them, i.e the backs are soooooo dirty and the fronts need a good polish and was before they go on. Also collecting my G60's on tuesday after college so hoping to get tyres on them wednesday. Fingers Crossed.

Joe

Right people I have you all a question to ask. I've been speaking to a guy in my local VW garage and he thinks I'd be better off putting my car on updated shocks and springs over coilies. I was going to only get budget coilies and I been looking on venom and a suspension set comes more expensive than budget coilies. But I like the idea of being able to change my ride hight instead of having eith like 40mm drop or 60mm drop.... What do I do? Help please?

Joe

A matched damper and spring set may get you better ride comfort but personally id rather have adjustment. Someones selling some FK coilovers at the moment they me be worth looking at as they would have a better quality than the budget ones.

Yeah that's what I like a out Coilovers, they have the adjustment. Cheers dude!

Also I had my G60's come back after the shot blaster ****ed around with them but really happy with the finish, it's a proper original paint match, just what I wanted :)

EastHertfordshire-20111105-00271.jpg

Sorry about the image quality, it was off my phone but you get my idea :) any way I have to get my tyres back on the and that and then they will go on the car :D and I'm sure I'll post loads of pictures of them then :)

Thank you for looking

Joe

Right people, so I got my G60s all wrapped up in there tyres :) however I'm in a dilemma, do I let e insurance no? Last time I asked about them they said they'd want £45 just to put them on!

Do I just put them on or shall I tell them :/

Help please...

Try em again, I got told by churchill that since 1st October they no longer charge extra for wheels as it's unfair (you wouldn't get charged extra for alloys that you got as optional extras on a new car for example) & they've realised that whether or not you have alloys have no bearing whatsoever on how likely you are to have an accident. You'll need to tell em either way though lol. May the force be with you ;)

These are steel wheels. just bigger? i cannot see any reason for them to increase it for that. the only reason the increase it anyway is probably due to making the car more attractive to thieves? let them know but make sure you tell them there steel wheels from VW. they might just let it go? anyway im also stuck on the springs & shocks or coilovers dilemma and im swaying towards coils for the fact that what if the springs and shocks i get are not the right height for any wheels i plant to get? with coils i can adjust them so it sits perfect! but they are more expensive.

and try on them wheels on your drive or something! i wanna see what they look like!

These are steel wheels. just bigger? i cannot see any reason for them to increase it for that. the only reason the increase it anyway is probably due to making the car more attractive to thieves? let them know but make sure you tell them there steel wheels from VW. they might just let it go? anyway im also stuck on the springs & shocks or coilovers dilemma and im swaying towards coils for the fact that what if the springs and shocks i get are not the right height for any wheels i plant to get? with coils i can adjust them so it sits perfect! but they are more expensive.

and try on them wheels on your drive or something! i wanna see what they look like!

Yeah man there just 15inch steels in stead of 13s but I guess because it's a "mod" I'll get mugged for the, as I'm 19 hahaha. And will try get a picture of the wheels on tomorrow as I got to change a map sensor then will give him a quick clean and then will try them :P

Putting my car on coils was the worst thing I ever did to it.

Yea Rich that's what's people are saying :/ but with my road I'd rather be able to adjust my heigh I think :/ mmmmm dilemma!!!

Cheers people

If you can't adjust then you'll not fiddle and all will be good.

I'm not putting coils on my next car.

Fair play! I won't be having it silly low anyway. I just want it to sit just above the wheels s hope the ride won't be to bad really!

I HOPE :D

Right so today I had one job mechanicaly to do: I had to change the 'MAP' Sensor. Weren't to hard really so if anyone needs directions give me a shout as I also have an exploded diagram of the area (inlet manifold) from VW.

I also gave him a quick clean: arches, tyres, wheels, trims and rear underside where cleaned first using Meg's 'APC' and a soft wheel brush (swissvax style). Then moved onto the body work. First time over I aimed to get of 90% of the dirt, and second time I washed I got him gleaming. Both times I used Megs Gold Class with a 'MF' wash mitt but looking to move on a lambs wool one soon! Good product however started looking for a new shampoo so if you go an opinion let me know! I dried him using a large MF towel from Elite Car Care. After this I dried the tyres,wheels, shuts and undersides with a smaller set of drying towels. And then dress the tyres with a spray on tyre shine and polished the exhaust tip with NXT Gen metal wax! Top gear it is! No polish or was as the air was getting moist by this time :( Results:

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

Next was the test of my G60's as asked :D Well happy with them but may wait until I lower it before i put them on, unsure. Heres a loada' pictures for you all. Please comment!

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

With Golf MK5 trims:

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

And size difference:

IMG_1182.jpg

Thank You

Joe

haha wow that looks friggen awesome! but yeah id wait that arch gap is huge! will look really good when lowered. :thumbsup:

Yeah I do love the way there looking! And looking back on the pictures I'll probably lower then G60's :)

If I was you, I'd go out and pick up three fat birds.

Bad for MPG, bad for street cred, good for lowerings.

Hahaha you make me laugh man! But seriously, it's cheaper than coilies!

Yep, once lowered will look well

Need to paint the g60's black if you're using trims it think

Well I just had them professional refurbed so the trims will only be run like weekdays and that just as protection :)

Cheers people

I may make you laugh but I'm not joking. I'm sitting here with a serious look on my face thinking you need some chunky loving to bring you down to earth.

Nope that's what I want coilies to do, bring me back down :P

Really nice and clean good work mate :D

If your using G60's a 60mm kit or something may well suffice

Yea did think that it's just kits are quite expensive for me ...(student) where as coilies I could get cheaper and there adjustable :D

Thanks man