Joe's Soft Blue 1.4s + Flash Red Polo 6N2 GTi

Lupo-Joe

I like 6Rs, can't fault you there. Mrs Koop was going to get one before she decided on a Golf.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well People,

Its been a while since I've owned the polo now. I brought it back in September from a fella on Edition38. Heres some specs when i brought it:

• VW Polo 6N2 Gti 1.6
  • Flash Red
  • Standard Engine
  • Factory fitted sunroof
  • Toad Alarm
  • JOM Blueline coilovers
  • Rolled arches :thumbdown:
  • And a rubbish De-Cat!

IMG-20130923-00235_zpsadfa91ef.jpg

Since then I did some mechanical work on it to get it driving more like how it should drive. This included putting a nice new cat on the exhaust, oil and filter service, including changing the gear box oil. I also took the rear coil overs off of it as these where in a state! They where missing helper springs and where a terrible ride. I got some little springs and freed them up and re-adjusted them. They now ride quite nice. well 100 times better than before. Also flushed the coolant system. This included chucking the old bottle in the bin along with the old hoses. Then fitting brand new genuine hoses, bottle and fresh G13 coolant. Also did the washer bottle at the same time.

Outside of the mechanicals a genuine MFD1 sat nav has been fitted as it had a naff after market stereo. I also put a new parcel shelf in as the old one had MASSIVE speakers hanging off it :reallymad: .

And early december I made the purchase of a set of BBS RZ515 15 inch wheels. I was proper chuffed to get these. Here they are when I got them:

IMG-20131217-00283_zps64e3645c.jpg

I then set to work cleaning them. This included: Auto Finesse Imperial, Auto Finesse Iron out, Autosmart Tardis, 3M Clay barring, the barrels machine polished with Scholl 17+ and hand polished the faces and sealed them up with AutoFinesse Mint Rims. Once they where cleaned I treated the rears to some nice Toyo 195/45/R15 tyres ^_^ . Heres how they looked cleaned and then on the car and how it sits today:

IMG-20131221-00284_zps64ea2b6d.jpg

ScreenShot2014-01-01at151006_zps4ab8b56e

Next up I will begin cleaning...

Thanks for looking,

Joe

looks like a lovely example mate, i'm sure it'll be special if your lupo was anything to go by..

are your lupo coilovers still for sale?

Yes mate, Heres the advert. Note the fronts aren't complete:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/classifieds/item/3655-lupo-coilovers/

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

So one day last week I took my engine cover off to overhaul it. I pieced it into separate bits to make sure all was cleaned. I then used a katcher steamer on full power to heat up the plastic and then used AutoFinesse Verso and a detailing brush. Then steamed again. Dryed. Then dressed in aerospace 303, top and and underside! Then the vw badge and oil filler where replaced with genuine parts. And finally I replaced the four bolts with fresh stainless steel ones.

Some pictures:

IMG_7492_zpsa555b6b9.jpg

IMG_7491_zps686f29bc.jpg

IMG_7490_zpsa3d3601d.jpg

IMG_7489_zpse5de3c9a.jpg

IMG_7494_zpsf11a73b8.jpg

IMG_7495_zps6a4f6701.jpg

IMG_7496_zps2a1efa33.jpg

IMG_7497_zps56c534cc.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Well I've made my mind up. I will be selling the polo when I've found a lupo I want. However before it goes I want to out new rear brakes on it as the ones on there dont look nice. And it may have its cam belt done. And will have a full colour correction...

It's will come on standard wheels.

It will be a great purchase for some one as I'm just after my money back, but since owning it I've done loads of great stuff! Let know if your interested!

Joe

Edited by Lupo-Joe

• 2 weeks later...

As the sun was shinning today I got a couple of jobs done...

First was the rear discs. The old ones where rusts and didn't look nice so I got some new one. Painted the the edge and centre in silver so they don't rust like before. Here's how the look on the car:

image_zps4224a421.jpg

Then took the front badge off and repainted the I red with flash red:

image_zps41621a76.jpg

And lastly the engine bay... As I had cleaned it a bit before I gave it a quick foam. This was done with AutoFinesse Avalanche and Verso in the PolishedBliss snow foam bottle. Rinsed it. Dried it. Put the engine cover back on with the new oil cap, and coated it in Aerospace 303. Here's some pictures:

image_zps9fc8cd88.jpg

image_zpsed9b3424.jpg

image_zps8c0689f4.jpg

image_zps31c94a64.jpg

I will also detail the outside of the car and clean up the inside before it goes up for sale...

Thanks, Joe.

Good work young Joe! :thumbsup:
Thank you wise one :thumbsup:
why you selling
I haven't enjoyed the owner ship, plus I now have a longer drive to work so better fuel figures would be good :)
Go back few pages and he explains ;)
Cheers dude