1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

Owned my Lupo for just over a year now, so i thought it was about time i made a thread about him!

Its 1999 1.0l, which i am using as a daily on a budget.

The car looked like this when i first got him...

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

Shortly after, this happened...

047.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

The day after, i took the adjusters out and gave him a clean! (R8 Vs Lupo)

r8vlupo.jpg

I felt the need for some more red ;)... So with some rattle cans i did this

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

After a while of running it like that, i decided to get the bumper smoothed... (Whilst it was in the body shop i got the roof resprayed, to get rid of the rust, and the interior trim was resprayed)

DSCF0380.jpg

Pic next to my mates golf at VW Heritage show at Brands Hatch, (saw some other nice lupos there)

262591_10150740751295195_509505194_20525712_3324465_n.jpg

Finally, here is how it stands today... Still needing some work!

Mod list:

JOM Blueline coilovers

K&N Panel filters

Removed bump strips

Color coded dash

Color coded wing mirrors

Aero wipers

Smoothed bumper

Roof resprayed

Stickerbombed petrol cap (only a vinyl)

De-wipered boot

15"x7j Lenso BSX

165/50/15 Nankang

Carbon vinyl trim and rear badge

Leather gear gaitor

Crystal Clear side repeaters

P030911_1802-2.jpg

Hope all the pictures worked! not all the best quality, but thanks for checking them out

Edited by MikeW

The JOM coilies are pretty good for the price IMO. Bit of a bumpy ride, but thats kinda the fun of it ... and expected when lowering. Mine is running pretty low atm, plus there is still loads of thread to go lower on the fronts! Not by any means sayin there as good as more expensive brands, but for budget ones, i'm really happy with them. Handle well too :)

Haha i know dude! Been looking around for the perfect set of wheels, but they all seem so expensive on a weekend job wages ;) Still undecided as well! Want ones that will really suit the car!

• 2 weeks later...

Another little pic, played around with it a bit, so the colours are a bit bolder :)

P110811_1555-1.jpg

Also hoping to get some alloys at the end of the month ( payday and birthday all within 2 days of eachother ;) ) Think i've settled on some Lenso BSX, so if anyone's looking to sell some...Hook me up!

I decided to take the rear wiper off the other day, heres a couple of pics...

P220911_1526.jpg

P220911_1527.jpg

Looks a lot better without it, plus it never worked well in the first place :tongueout:

Edited by MikeW

A few snaps of my Lupo at Bug Boogie Windsor, alongside two of my friends mk2 Golfs. Photos were taken by a mate (owner of slammed golf with roof rack).

lupobb4.jpg

lupobb2.jpg

Lupobb.jpg

Lupobb1.jpg

Was a good day out, were two other nice Lupos there aswell! :thumbsup:

Edited by MikeW

Made a wheel on SolidWorks, would love to 3D print it to fit my car to see what it looks like. Still pretty rookie at this tho...

bbswheel.pngbbswheel2.png

Let me know what you think!

Edited by MikeW

Nice Lupo! Love the red, the best colour!

And as for the 3D, get on 3DS Max, thats where the winners are at.

Of course its the best colour ;) haha

I do really like the look of the 3DS Max, seen some of your work on it through your link, looks truely amazing. Ive only had a small bit of experience using 3D CAD modelling, started using SolidWorks last year in college. Now as part of my Uni course im using it again. As you can see im no pro, but i made that wheel in one lesson. Not bad? haha

New wheels got delivered today, tyres are on their way too! Phone pictures do not do them any justice, they look amazing!

P041011_1716_01.jpg

P041011_1716_02.jpg

I know their not BBS but thay are lovely looking wheels :)

Edited by MikeW

Gonna run them as they are for a while, then maybe at some point down the line i'll look into that, because that would look amazing :D lol That has been on the back of my mind since i got the car, love the look of colour coded centres!!

Its gunna look great on those wheels! Definitely like the idea of you colour coding the centres in the future!

Cant wait to get them on!! Still waiting on the tyres i ordered, got some 165/50/15 Nankang to go on the 7j ;) Though i also need alloy wheel bolts, tyres to be fitted, and the front camber and allignment done, because i do not want to be shreading those tyres lol Mite also need arches rolling, so still more money to throw at it :closedeyes: Wont be painting centres in the near future tho, when it comes to the point they need a bit of tidying up then deffinately!!! :yes:

This looks really good! The only grudge i have against though is the black part on the front bumper. Otherwise this looks f****** awesome. I noticed you removed the rear window wiper. Does the car still pass it's MOT if you remove it?

Haha thanks mate, lol I dont mind the black part of the bumpers, guess i like them both standard and colour coded like yours :) As for the wiper, im pretty sure it will still get through the MOT, its quite a common thing to do, and i can bet most of the people on here have done it lol. But i never did check for sure!!! :tongueout: