1.0l Red Lupo Lenso...

MikeW

so what did you need exactly to fit the lensos? thinking of getting a sett

Straight fit mate. I think mine are the ET38 ones so they are fine. Centre bore is a little big, but mine came with spigot rings to make them the correct size. However they are not too important. I'm now using 20mm spacers at the rear and soon to be the same at the front, however will need a tad of arch rolling. Without spacers they are fine, i was using 10mm for a while too and had no problems at all.

Hope that helps a bit,

Mike

Spigot rings are indeed most important

I use them so it fits perfectly to the hub so no vibration and less stress on the bolts, but there are loads of people who dont use them and have no issues. I mean it in the sense thats its preferred to use them, but you might not have any problems if you dont.

I would use them though for the sake of how cheap they are.

Edited by MikeW

Hi Mike,

Lupo looks brill, just bought one today as my first car, 1.4 T reg, 62k, 950, think i got a bargain to be honest.

You've gave me a few inspirations for it.

Such as the cup holders, id love to know where you got these from and how you fitted them etc..

Thanks

Brodie

I use them so it fits perfectly to the hub so no vibration and less stress on the bolts, but there are loads of people who dont use them and have no issues. I mean it in the sense thats its preferred to use them, but you might not have any problems if you dont.

I would use them though for the sake of how cheap they are.

That's like saying jumping out of a 100ft building you might not break your legs. Ridiculous. Having personally been in a car where the wheel has come of because of missing spigot rings, I would advise everyone use them as the wheel sitting on the hub properly is just as important as actually have wheel bolts.

Hi Mike,

Lupo looks brill, just bought one today as my first car, 1.4 T reg, 62k, 950, think i got a bargain to be honest.

You've gave me a few inspirations for it.

Such as the cup holders, id love to know where you got these from and how you fitted them etc..

Thanks

Brodie

Thanks mate, always nice to hear positive feedback. And it does sound like you got a good deal there ;)

Took me a while to find the cup holders specific for my dash, i could only find the under dash ones that i cant use! But eventually some popped up on ebay. They were very easy to fit, just a straight swap for the tray, that pulled out, cup holders pushed in :)

Hope that helps,

MIke

That's like saying jumping out of a 100ft building you might not break your legs. Ridiculous. Having personally been in a car where the wheel has come of because of missing spigot rings, I would advise everyone use them as the wheel sitting on the hub properly is just as important as actually have wheel bolts.

I'm not saying you don't need them at all, thats why i said i use them and its preferred you do, especially for how cheap they are. I was just saying from what i have researched and from knowing people that have run without them that it is not always the case a wheel is going to pop off. Providing that the wheels are fitted correctly and are torqued to the correct setting and in the correct sequence.

Please don't think i'm telling people not to use them because thats not the case. Just saying what i've heard before.

Edited by MikeW

Yeah fair enough, but I am telling you do not drive more than 50 miles without them, even if the bolts are torqued up correctly. The experience is not nice, wheel falling off on motorway. No fun in that. :lol:

Yea i don't quite like the sound of that at all. :ouch: At least i know now that they are more important than i originally thought, so thanks. :)

Yea i don't quite like the sound of that at all. :ouch: At least i know now that they are more important than i originally thought, so thanks. :)

Thank god for that, I was actually being flippant & by 'most important' I meant 'absoutely vital you mental' :lol:

Straight fit mate. I think mine are the ET38 ones so they are fine. Centre bore is a little big, but mine came with spigot rings to make them the correct size. However they are not too important. I'm now using 20mm spacers at the rear and soon to be the same at the front, however will need a tad of arch rolling. Without spacers they are fine, i was using 10mm for a while too and had no problems at all.

Hope that helps a bit,

Mike

thank you mate it does help yeahh :) im definetly buying some this week ! :D and coilovers have just arriveddd woo! if i ever see you we'll be bloody twins! mwahah

car looks good man :)

adam

Thank god for that, I was actually being flippant & by 'most important' I meant 'absoutely vital you mental' :lol:

;)

thank you mate it does help yeahh :) im definetly buying some this week ! :D and coilovers have just arriveddd woo! if i ever see you we'll be bloody twins! mwahah

car looks good man :)

adam

Well you seem to have very good taste :P They should come with spigot rings so make sure you fit them, if not then get some :shades:

and may i be cheeky and ask where you got them from ? ;)

If i remember correctly i got them from www.alloywheels.com i didn't get the tyre package though because i don't like the fitment they offer, i got 165/50 15s on mine because i needed the stretch

Edited by MikeW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi CL, bit of an update. I finally got a front subframe, i ordered it off a webside called "1st choice spares", however i am having doubts that it will fit. I did specify the make and model as well as reg number and was informed it will be suitable, however the overall shape seems to be different. Can anyone shed any light on the situation.

Here is the new subframe...

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Here is the old...

IMG00101-20120305-1718.jpg

And here is my Lupo :) ...

DSCF0009-2.jpg

Thanks

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

SUBFRAME SORTED! :) Also note the front camber has been corrected too.

DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

DSCF0009-3.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

And before anyone mentions it... I know it desperately needs spacers ! Next is arch rolling then spacers all round to give a little bit of poke.

All comments welcomed regarding what would look better... Lowering the front more, or getting spacers all round

That's gorgeous mate. The only problem with red lupo's is that 12ryan has one.... His is so gorgeous i always compare red lupo's to his lol!

Thanks mate :) Yea i agree that his car is outstanding and his attention to detail is brilliant. Hopefully mine will start to take shape soon, once i have got 4 big spacers :P

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1118.jpg

Lowered the front some more since thet last set of pictures, i still feel i should go lower though. Plus i am still planning on rolling the arches and getting 4 big spacers ;)

IMG_1385.jpg

Looks real nice dude. I've not looked on this thread for a while, but it still looking nice :)

And I don't know if you ever had plans on painting the centres on the lenzos, but IMO they look sweet the way they are :)

Looks real nice dude. I've not looked on this thread for a while, but it still looking nice :)

And I don't know if you ever had plans on painting the centres on the lenzos, but IMO they look sweet the way they are :)

Thanks buddy :)

I was thinking of doing the centres red, but i do think the silver goes well with the car as it is too :)