stretched tyres

Piers

hi all. i have a set of Ronal LS wheels and would like to stretch some tyres.... the wheels are 15's x 7.5

what would be a good tyre size to go for?

Thanks Piers

What he said ^

Or for even more stretch 185/45. But i'd check if the manafacturer allows that width wheel because if you have a crash and your tyres are fitted on the wrong size wheel you may not get a payout.

nice one.. thanks :)

how extreme would the stretch be on the 185's?

im not wanting to go "too" extreme... just want the edges to roll over.... instead of massive stretch

Okay 195 would be better.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Go on there, put wheel dimensions and then 195/45 in one line and the same wheel dimensions and 185/45 in the next line and compare the two.

now that is useful! thanks alot for that matey. not much difference in it according to that. mate owns a tyre place so will go to him with those 2 sizes and see which look best.

thanks folks

i would go with a 185 on a 7.5 after just putting a 185 on my 8J's.

d2c2c45a.jpg

stretch looks more than there is in that pic

nice one mate. thats slightly more than i want so i think your right. (y)

195/45/15 with Toyo is actually in their recommendation still, so any accident/police problem you're all clear don't have to worry about "tread is in arch etcetc look at the law blah blah blah"

6011372567_739d421799_b.jpg

Cool.. yeah they look ok too... i think mine are 195 55 15's (will have to check) but taking away the profile will make them look better...

thanks

nice wheels too :D

hey thats a good little site to go on to find what stretch is good like, i have the bridgestone 165 50s on my 7.5 lenso's... canny stretch like.